• Expertise in sustainable design & low impact site development and remediation
• Expertise working with Universities and Campuses across the region.
• Experienced communicating ideas, tasks, and goals to audiences of differing backgrounds and skill levels
• Successful innovation within green building technologies for site planning and construction
• Skilled in coordinating and leading team collaboration
• Very strong and self-motivated work ethic
• Skilled in project management including mixed-use, public, private and military projects
• Work well with vendors across commercial, private, and public sectors
• Proficient in hand sketching as well as computer aided drawing and graphics
• Skilled at taking concepts to creation while effectively managing resources and budgets
• Accredited in Green Roof design and installation
Registered Landscape Architect TN #728
Alice Ann Chapman Environmental Design Award, 2008
Louisiana State University, BLA, 1999
Professional Memberships & Accreditations
Certified GRP (Green Roof Professional), Green Roofs for Healthy Cities member
American Society of Landscape Architects member
Cumberland River Compact member
LiveRoof ® Certified
Qualifications and Relevant Experience
Steve Clark & Associates (current)
• In charge of onsite construction inspections to insure contractors have accurately followed our detailed plans and specifications.
• Coordinate phasing of construction and tree preservation with multiple contractors.
• Managed Landscape and Site Design projects and construction documents.
Cheveallier Design Studio, LLC (2007 – Present)
• Founder/Owner: responsible for all aspects of business growth, management and development.
• Expert consultant in low impact and sustainable site design and landscape architecture.
• Design and installation supervision of low impact erosion control and watershed protection.
• Led educational community collaborative event on green housing initiatives
• Developed the landscape design and construction documents for one of Nashville’s earliest and most progressive ‘green’ spec homes; showcased on http://www.hellogreenhome.com/
• Detail Design for Memorial Gardens and Plaza; Indianapolis, IN
• Programming, Site Design and Layout of Victory Church; New Albany, MS
• Conceptual Design of Parks and Environmental Education Trails, Terrabella Community; Covington, LA
Barge Waggoner Sumner & Cannon (2009)
• Senior Landscape Architect: led efforts in landscape design, integrated drainage and watershed solutions and land planning submittals.
• Responsible for Sustainable Design Expertise within the firm as well as establishing the BWSC sustainable sites initiative and marketing campaign. Performed as Green Roof expert for BWSC.
• Led design and production of LEED certified design-build US Military projects.
• Successfully managed and mentored team of young design professionals.
• Project Management
LandDesign, Inc (1999 – 2001 & 2005 - 2007)
• Project Management: Landscape and Amenity Plans for new communities in the Nashville area in addition to preparation of City/County submittal documents to surrounding municipalities for plan approval and permits. Successfully attained required rezoning and construction approvals.
• Led efforts in completing Environmental Impact Studies.
• Preparation of land planning documents from design conception to final construction documents and construction observation.
• Successful creation of streetscape designs for communities and downtowns across the south.
• Developed Low Impact Storm Water Conveyance designs and Erosion Control plans.
Doug Arnold, Landscape Architecture-Land Planning (2004-2005)
• Managed residential projects from conceptual drawings through construction observation and inspection.
• Prepared Estate plans from concept to completion encompassing site plans and construction documents, including grading, hardscape, planting plans and swimming pool/water feature designs.
• Prepared courtyard design and construction documents for individual residences to high end multi-family communities.
RM Plan Group, Inc. (2001 – 2004)
• Campus Planning: Designed and developed overall master plans. Led efforts in site selection and development for proposed campus buildings and amenities. Designed and managed construction of campus landscape improvements. Managed production of visual graphics used in property acquisition and community partnership meetings completed to insure the viability and growth potential of each university. Completed analysis of existing academic facilities to make recommendations for future uses.
• Urban Planning: Provided site planning assistance required in the redevelopment of Metropolitan facilities. Coordinated with team architects, engineers and Planning Department officials to marry new state of the art facilities with existing historic structures including the update and expansion of area utilities.
• Comprehensive Planning: Managed team in studying and updating existing land use and zoning information along with developing future land use plans. Led efforts in cultural and historic research of the communities and surrounding areas. Formed steering committees to aid in establishing needs and desires of the local community for future growth and development. Led teams for downtown master plan development specifically identifying opportunities for infill and redevelopment. Directed efforts in designing and site planning for new municipal and cultural facilities i.e. courts building, performing arts center. Managed team in compiling traffic flow and parking use patterns. Assisted in study of social, economic and political trends within surrounding areas. Managed team in creating Downtown Master Plans and Riverfront Park Plans.