Bachelor of Arts in English, (3.8 GPA)
Anderson College; Anderson, South Carolina
RELEVANT NON-PAY WORK
History Instructor Assistant
Greer, South Carolina 08/2008 to Present
• Proofread and edit material for publication.
• Grade written assignments and essays for factual accuracy, correct grammar and
punctuation, and for overall strength of writing.
• Grade homework assignments and tests.
• When requested, upload assignments and notifications to class websites.
Barista (part time)
Starbucks Coffee Corporation - Greenville, South Carolina 07/2010 to Present
• Greet and serve customers with legendary Starbucks’ customer service.
• Receive payment using the Symphony POS system.
• Brew coffee and make drinks according to customers’ specifications, ensuring that
Starbucks’ standards are consistently followed.
Greer, South Carolina 07/2005 to Present
Interim Office Manager/Billing Specialist
Dermatology Associates - Gainesville, Florida 09/2004 to 07/2005
• Supervised front office staff, checked out patients, and scheduled appointments.
• Correctly coded medical diagnosis to ensure proper payment from insurance companies.
Billed insurance companies daily.
• Correctly posted insurance payments to patient accounts.
• Contacted patients with outstanding account balances to make arrangements for
payment and/or to set up payment plans.
• Performed transcription of dermatopathology results.
• Mailed patient account statements weekly, viewing each for discrepancies.
• Processed accounts payable in a timely manner.
Little River Marine - Gainesville, Florida 07/2002 to 09/2004
• Processed accounts payable in a timely manner, and correctly handled accounts
receivable upon receipt of payment. Also made weekly bank deposits.
• Processed and distributed weekly payroll and piecework checks.
• Accurately filed and paid State Sales Tax; 941, 940, and UCT-6 taxes.
• Assisted in maintaining/updating website to reflect current boat models, prices, and
• Coordinated daily UPS shipping to domestic and international customers.
• Scheduled and arranged for shipment/delivery of boats to domestic and international
customers and dealers.
• Placed orders for boat materials, shop/office supplies, and boat accessories.
• Submitted contracts, payments, and insurance to exhibit at 8 - 10 major boat shows from
September through March. Mailed invitations to prospective customers; made necessary
travel arrangements when requested; and prepared sales box materials for company
• Handled all incoming e-mails and phone inquiries by either directly responding to or
forwarding/transferring to the appropriate individual.
• Processed customer and dealer orders for boats, accessories, and parts.
• Judged the validity of warranty claims and responded appropriately.
• Promoted Little River Marine through quality customer service and marketing.
Assistant Director 08/2001 to 06/2002
Daybreak Crisis Pregnancy Center - Columbia, South Carolina
• Scheduled, trained, and supervised counseling volunteers from the community and local
• Personally counseled up to 35 women a month in crisis pregnancy situations.
• Spoke to small groups of adults and teenagers about Daybreak and/or about the
advantages of teen abstinence, and about alternatives to abortion.
• Assisted with various fund-raising responsibilities to gain the community’s year-round
• Scheduled appointments, oversaw office upkeep and maintenance, maintained and
updated monthly volunteer calendar, and performed all clerical procedures.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Student Assistant 09/2000 - 05/2001
Anderson College Humanities Department Anderson, South Carolina
English Tutor 09/2000 - 05/2001
Anderson College Writing Lab Anderson, South Carolina
News Assistant/Copy Clerk 05 - 08/2000
The Augusta Chronicle Augusta, Georgia
Resident Visitation Assistant 01 - 04/1998,
Anderson College Residence Life Aug 1999 - April 2000
Anderson, South Carolina
Front Desk Receptionist/Gift Shop Clerk 06 - 08/1999
The Augusta-Richmond Co. Museum Augusta, Georgia
Student Recruiter 08/1998 - 04/1999
Anderson College Admissions Office Anderson, South Carolina
Office/Shop Assistant 05 - 07/1998
The Camera Repairman Augusta, Georgia
Teacher/Teacher Assistant 03/1996 - 08/1997
Wee Wisdom Day School Augusta, Georgia