Jason Paul Cormier
1183 Hebert Ln. •St. Martinville, LA 70582 • (337)251-4911 • firstname.lastname@example.org
• Experienced in software programming/modification.
• Adept at C++, COBOL, VB, and Java.
• Able to modify applications and reports as necessary.
• Familiar with front and back end modules.
• Well-developed support and troubleshooting abilities. ‘
• Excellent analysis and reporting skills.
Windows, UNIX, C++, Java, COBOL, ABAP, VB.Net, Perl, scheme, smallTalk, Snobol, Glade, MS Office
Acadian Companies Lafayette, LA
Software Engineer April 2011 – Present
• Facility Statement Billing – Design, implementing, and maintaining a billing application using vb.net and sql server. Facility Statement Billing creates billing statements for several facilities using Active Reports 6, Crystal Reports, and Excel to create the report.
• AR2000 – Design, implement, and maintaining accounting applications like, Accounts Receivables, Statement Billing, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, and Reporting
Software and Services of LA, LLC(S&S) Shreveport, LA
Software Engineer Dec. 2008 – April 2011
• Grant Reimbursement - Design and implemented a Grant Reimbursement application that is embedded into GFA(General Fund Accounting) application. Grant Reimbursement allows users to monitor spending of grant funds distributed by the state.
• GFA(General Fund Accounting) – debugging and maintenance of the accounting application. I am modifying/re-writing several processes including, the ‘void check’ process, and ‘export to excel’. I am the main programmer handling bug fixes and enhancements for GFA. I also handle all version upgrades for the software.
• SQL 2005, 2008 – Sql 2005 and 2008 was used for data storage. I maintained the database schema and managed all upgrades and hot-fixes
Radiation Safety Control Services (RSCS) Stratham, NH
Software Engineer Mar. 2008 – Nov. 2008
• Designed and implemented a Radiation Safety Management Application in VB.NET.
• RSM(Radiation Safety Management) – Utilized Microsoft Visual Studios VB.NET to develop an OOP that manages and maintains radioactive sources, personnel, radioactive disposal, equipment inventory, and monitors radioactive accumulation for employees. The application uses SQL Server 2005 for data storage. Crystal Reports was used to design all reports.
• IGP(Irradiated Gem Process) –designed an application in VB.NET that will store irradiated activity of jewelry. SQL Server 2005 will be used for data storage. Worked with Gemclear company representatives to obtain requirements need for the project.
JLM Advanced Technical Services Concord, NH
Non-Destructive Inspector Jan. 2007 – Mar. 2008
• Performed non-destructive inspections to determine the mechanical integrity of paper mill rolls for Stowe Woodward in Concord, NH.
• Utilized ultrasonic testing equipment to locate possible flaws in the material.
• Also performed magnetic particle testing of paper mill rolls to locate possible flaws in the material.
Computers for Business Management (CBM) Breaux Bridge, LA
Programmer Nov. 2006 – Jan. 2007
• Designed and implemented a quoting system in a VB.NET environment.
• Proposal System – Utilized Microsoft Visual Studios VB.NET to design and implement a quoting application. Converted the application from an Access database to SQL Server 2003. The application used Crystal Reports to design all reports. The program linked vendors, customers, and products to allow users quick and easy access for creating quotes.
Bearingpoint, Inc. Hattiesburg, MS
Programmer Oct. 2005 – Nov. 2006
• Worked on an eight man team to maintain an internal portal that allowed managers to view bugs in on-going projects. The program was written in Java using the MyEclips environment.
• Prepared training material for new employees on Object Oriented ABAP for the SAP team.
• Researched NetWeaver, SAP’s intergration platform.
NVI, LLC Broussard, LA
Radiography Technician Jan. 1999 – Oct. 2005
• Performed radiographic (non-destructive) evaluations to determine mechanical integrity of structures for oil & gas exploration, refining, storage, chemical, paper/pulp, and power generating industries.
• Utilized mobile radiography units to conduct inspections and data collection.
• Carried out both X-ray and gamma radiographic procedures. Prepared and delivered reports.
Dixie Auto Glass Opelousas, LA
Programmer May 1998 – Jul. 1998
• Designed and re-formatted reports for management information system at Dixie Auto Glass.
AccuTech Computer Support Lafayette, LA
Programmer June 1994 – May 1998
• Carried out programming of business modules for large-scale applications, primarily accounting, AP/AR, General Ledger, and Order Entry. Additionally developed customized reports for clients.
• Designed front end and back end applications for management information systems.
• Played major role in converting user interface to graphical user interface.
• Operated in UNIX environment, with extensive use of COBOL and Accubench.
Sgt., Military Intelligence, Louisiana Army National Guard, Lafayette, LA 1994 – 2000
Top Secret Clearance
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (2005)
• Course work included: Data Structures, C++, Programming Languages, Compilers, Operating Systems, Mathematical Computation of Data Structures, Design Patterns, and Assembly
Sun Certified Programmer for Java Platform 1.4
• BC400 – Introduction to ABAP Programming
• BC401 – ABAP Objects
• BC402 – Advanced ABAP
• BC405 – Techniques for List Creation and SAP Query
• BC420 – Data Transfer
• BC425 – Enhancements and Modifications
• BC430 – Data Dictionary
• BC490- ABAP Performance Tuning