FotoTrak, Powell, OH 1993-Present
Self-employed Visual Researcher.
Clients Include: Pearson Education, Prentice Hall,
Divisions: Upper Saddle River, NJ and Boston, MA.
McGraw Hill, Glencoe, SRA, Columbus, OH.
• Research and provide visuals for Pre K-College educational programs.
• Negotiate permissions and cost for images.
• Proactively communicate with Managers, Authors, Editors, Designers, and Vendors.
• Maintaining visual projects schedule and budget.
McGraw-Hill, Columbus, OH 1990-1993
Photo Research Manager for K-8 educational products.
• Created and managed an in-house freelance photo research department.
• Collaborated with Editors, Designers, and Photographers to create guidelines for
Studio photography to ensure the quality and consistency of images requested.
• Negotiated usage permissions with photographers and independent sources.
• Maintained schedules and budgets for the photo research department.
Merrill Publishing & Glencoe, Columbus, OH 1989-1990
Freelance photo research in-house for Elementary and High School textbooks.
• Coordinated and supervised the studio photography for the projects I was assigned.
• Researched image requests through stock photo agencies and independent sources.
• Conducted photo selection meetings.
• Maintained project records for photo credits and billing.
Education: BFA Graphic Design/University of Arizona/Tucson AZ
Awards: Macmillan/McGraw-Hill Excellence Award 1991