1/2012 – Present Self-Employed Asheville, NC
• Blog writing for Haley Marketing, HomeActions, The NotMom, Navolutions, Houston on the Cheap, Beverly Hanks Realty, Parqa, Prime Mortgage Lending of West Asheville, and more.
• Guest blogging for Tumbleweed Tiny House Company, Chicks That Dig Beer, Mind,Body,Green, and more.
• WordPress skills, including Yoast SEO management.
• Ghost blogging and social media management for small business owners in the Asheville area.
• Speaking engagements about Tiny Houses for multiple events around the country on topics such as the philosophy of tiny living and affordable housing initiatives.
10/2014 – Present The NotMom Summit Cleveland, OH
• Established the first ever conference for women without children in the nation.
• Speaker outreach, coordination, and communication.
• Organizing the schedule and events for the day.
• Continued work on future Summit events.
6/2014 – Present Asheville Small Home Advocacy Committee Asheville, NC
• Asheville SHAC is a group of dedicated volunteers working together and with the city and Buncombe County to make micro homes a viable solution for affordable housing, urban density, and walkability of the city and surrounding areas.
• Partner with multiple tiny house organization in the area including Wishbone Tiny Homes, Tiny House Asheville, Ergo Designs, and The Asheville Small Home Center.
5/2004 – 5/2012 Discover Staffing Alpharetta, GA
Operations and Recruiting Specialist
• Specialized in the recruiting and placement of Administrative professionals of all levels.
• Managed the company’s Internet presence including
• Processed all pre-employment screening with LexisNexis, Kroll and Sterling Testing, eScreen Drug Screens and ProveIt On-Line testing.
• Submitted all unemployment claims and participated in hearings as needed. Never lost a company initiated appeal.
• Rewarded with a raise in salary and commission percentage even at a time of economic difficulty.
• 120 Ideas for Tiny Living (2013)
• How to Drink Craft Beer: A Beginner’s Guide (2014)
• Your Job Search: Resumes, Interviews, and More (2015)
• Life in 120 Square Feet: The Essays (2017)
All available on Amazon.com
Western Michigan University Kalamazoo, MI
• Anthropology courses in Theory and Applied Ethnography as well as field work in Cultural Studies.
• Developed strong writing skills and a working knowledge of the Historical Method.