Laura M. LaVoie
5/2004 – Present Discover Staffing Alpharetta, GA
Operations and Recruiting Specialist
• Specialized in the recruiting and placement of Administrative professionals of all levels.
• Managed the company’s Internet presence including
• Responsible for all internet processes including pre-employment screening with LexisNexis, Kroll and Sterling Testing, eScreen Drug Screens and ProveIt On-Line testing.
• Submitted all unemployment claims and participated in hearings as needed. Never lost a company initiated appeal.
• Rewarded with a raise in salary and raise in commission percentage even at a time of economic difficulty.
6/2003 – 3/2004 Sellera, LLC Roswell, GA
• Responsible for all recruiting and placement functions of national roster of field marketing representatives.
• Implemented a quality control program to ensure the continued success of our marketing programs.
• Developed an on-line application and employment qualification quiz from the ground up.
11/2001– 5/2003 Klep Corporation Redford, MI
Recruiter and Office Manager
• In charge of all recruiting functions, including internet sourcing and employee placement
• Responsible for all Employee Relations
• Actively participated in preparation for ISO certification.
• Managed day-to-day functions including computer back up, communications and payroll.
11/2000 – 11/2001 Entech Personnel Services Troy, MI
Senior Recruiting Coordinator
• Recruiting of personnel in a variety of fields including Engineers and designers.
• Thoroughly screening applicants through phone and face to face interviews.
• Sourcing candidates from several internet sites.
• Placing qualified individuals on assignments for area companies including automotive companies and tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers.
8/1999 – 11/2000 Spherion Taylor, MI
• Specialized in clerical staffing for national temporary agency including customer service, placement of qualified employees and general office organization.
• Advanced knowledge of placement in regards to temporary staffing, including interviewing, testing and screening applicants.
Western Michigan University Kalamazoo, MI
• Anthropology courses in Theory and Applied Ethnography as well as field work in Cultural Studies.
• Developed strong writing skills and a working knowledge of the Historical Method.
• Worked in conjunction with the Holland Museum in Holland, Michigan to establish outreach programs to promote diversity within their community.
• Participated in the Creative Writing Program.
• Vice-President of Western Michigan University Student Organization August 1996 to April 1997.
• Implemented several workshops and programs.
Goddess in America “Ritual Wanderings in Search of Her”
Column for PanGaia Magazine
Summer 2002: “Las Vegas: Finding the Goddess in the Glitter”
Autumn 2002: “Pennsylvania: The Journey to Bast”
Winter 2003: “Wisconsin: The White Buffalo”
Spring 2003: “Smokey Mountain Gypsies”
Summer 2003: “Oregon: Horse Tails”
Autumn 2003: “New Orleans: Black Magic Woman”
Winter 2004: “Atlanta: Home and Hearth Fire”
Also contributed mini-reviews to features called “The Pagan Bookshelf” on subjects including: Classic Pagan Books, Contemporary Pagan Books, Pagan Friendly Movies, Pagan Music, and Divination Decks and Sets. Assisted author Carl McColman in the organizational processes including Excel spreadsheets and email communications among 10 or more contributing writers.
“Lighting the Fires of Spring” Short Story
Published in Lewellyn’s 2004 Magical Almanac
“Greek Gods for the Modern Age”
Published in Lewellyn’s 2005 Magical Almanac
“Diamente For Dionysos” (Poem)
Published in Written in Wine (Neos Alexandria) 2007
He Epistole: Newsletter for www.neokoroi.org
Winter 2006/07: “I Begin to Sing of Poseidon”
Autumn 2007: “On Persephone”
Winter 2007/08: “God of War”
Issue #15 – Winter 2007
Issue #16 – Spring 2008
Issue #17 – Summer 2008
Contributor for group blog about Pagans and Popular Culture 2010-Present
Fiction, Poetry, Essays
Step by step of building a Tumbleweed Tiny House
Home brew and craft brew adventures