University of New England Graduated: May 2010, *** Laude
Bachelor of Science, Psychobiology
EIM Auburn, ME July 2010 to October 2011
Member Services Specialist II
• Assisted care managers with the coordination of home care by the composition and handling of confidential consumer information in various formats.
• Directed calls on a multi-line phone, answer questions about our services and other services available in the state, handled incoming and outgoing mail and faxes, completed other projects as requested.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Gloucester, MA January 2009 to present
Marine Mammal Stranding Assistant/ volunteer
• Performed data correction for the Marine Mammal Health and Stranding Response Program Database.
• Conducted data organization and development of a report on an Unusual Mortality Event in conjunction with the Marine Animal Rehabilitation Center and others.
Marine Animal Rehabilitation Center (MARC) Biddeford, ME September 2006 to December 2010
Animal Care/Husbandry, summer work-study/volunteer
• Husbandry including but not limited to cleaning and sanitizing: pools, rooms, kitchen, surgery, and the laboratory. Preparing/administering daily feeds. Restraint/handling seals ranging in size from 10 lbs. to 70 lbs. Maintaining daily medical/husbandry records.
Administrative Duties, summer work-study/volunteer
• Typed necropsy reports for deceased seals, filling out disposition reports for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), validating records for NOAA, data entry, filling, faxing/mailing documents to organizations like NOAA, DMR, CCSN, and COA, organizing pathology reports from the Unusual Mortality Event Biomedical Database.
• MARC Education Club, Secretary – developed educational programs for schools and general public.
ZooAmerica, Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Hershey, PA May 2001 to August 2006
Clerk/Guest Services, Retail
• Operated cash register and provided information about the animals to guests visiting the zoo.
• Organized and ran birthday parties for children that included animal interactions and tours of the zoo.
• Managed customers’ complaints.
Safe and Sound Wildlife Rehabilitation Gray, ME May 2007 to September 2007
Animal Care/Administrative Duties
• Prepared/administered daily feeds for infant skunks, raccoons and squirrels.
• Designed brochures and signs for the operation of the unfunded rescue organization.
ZooAmerica, Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Hershey, PA August 2005 to August 2006
• Assisted naturalists with the care of North American wildlife and performed animal encounters to teach guests about animal behavior, ecology, natural history and answer any questions.
SKILLS & QUALITIES
• Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Punctual, Observant, outgoing, enjoys learning and works well in a team or independent setting.
• Photography experience.