79 Nautilus Drive, Gulf Harbour, Auckland, 0930
h: 09 4285723, m: 021 02591735
I am an honest and reliable employee with a keen eye for detail and excellent time management skills. I enjoy a team environment and am constantly pushing myself to learn new skills. I have worked in a wide range of settings within the education field and believe I have a great deal to offer an employer. Past experience as a counsellor and teaching has prompted me to further my education within the field of psychology. I am currently in the process of completing my Educational Psychology degree.
Design and Drawing Teacher
Academic Colleges Group (ACG) Auckland January 2008 - Current
Design, develop and implement teaching modules and lesson plans to diverse groups and on an individual level.
Select Education Auckland
October 2007 - September 2008
Provide relief to various kindergartens throughout Auckland and the North Shore on short notice
Art and Culture Teacher.
Hendrik Verwoerd High School. Pretoria, South Africa
January 2006 - September 2006
Developing lesson plans, designing lessons and teaching Drawing to Grade 10and Art and Culture to Grade 8 and 9.
South West Gauteng College (SWGC) Roodepoort, South Africa
January 2003 - December 2005
Head of the Graphic Design department.
Lesson planning and teaching Two-dimensional Design, Graphic Design and Drawing.
Education and training
University of Pretoria
January 1999 - December 2003
Pretoria, South Africa
BA Fine Arts
Honours Degree in Fine Arts majoring in Drawing and Painting, with a minor in Print Making.
University of South Africa (UNISA)
January 2003 - December 2006
Pretoria, South Africa
Post Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Education
The course consisted of ten modules ranging from philosophy, psychology and adult education.
July 2010 - Current
Auckland, New Zealand
BA majoring in Psychology
The course consists of nine modules covering various topics in the Psychology field. Topics such as Research in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology and Social Psychology are a few that I enjoyed most.
Interests and hobbies
• Reading for entertainment and to expand general knowledge.
• Photography is a casual hobby.
• Painting in oils, acrylics and watercolours and draw to relax.
• Kayaking, camping and the outdoors.
• Visiting art galleries.
Key skills and qualities
• Using organisational or planning skills.
• Assisting people to bring about change in themselves or their work
• Helping people to problem solve.
• Responding to the needs of others.
• Helping, supporting individuals, groups or communities.
• Listening with an empathetic ear.
• Teaching in a class or group setting or one-on-one bases.
• Training or coaching others (children or adults, groups or individuals).
• Experienced in the use of graphic design software and teaching individuals how to use the software, Such as Corel Draw and Photoshop.
• Volunteer tour guide at Auckland Art Gallery
• Junior Lifeline Counsellor
Available on request.