Graphic Technician • Prepress • Layout
An accomplished and innovative professional offering 17+ years of substantial prepress and design experience. Recognized analytical skills to diagnose problems and create viable solutions.
Strives for the cutting edge by increasing skill set in researching and implementing new software.
An unflustered ability to work well under pressure during frenzied periods of high market activity that expects immediate results and meets deadlines.
• Create video ads and promos using Final Cut; apply fanciful effects using LiveType and execute a cutting edge flavour to videos
• Use the page layout program Quark Xpress to create ads, brochures, indexed books and instruction manuals. Also use Quark for sign layout and in corporate identity development.
• Sound proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator; used in combination with PhotoMatix to create HDR imagery, tone mapping, and enhanced photos for a distinguished appeal in publications. Utilize Adobe Illustrator for vector logo design in most corporate identity packages
• Have provided in the past both PC and Mac telephone technical service support for cable and satellite systems at Shaw Cable systems.
• Adobe Photoshop
• Quark Xpress
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe In-Design
• Adobe Flash
• Final Cut Studio
• Final Cut Express
• DVD Studio Pro
• iSkysoft Video Converter
• Specular Infini-D
• Sorenson Squeeze 6
• OmniPro OCR
• Audio editing programs
• Music editing programs
• Panther Server
Graphics - Video EDITING - Marketing Royal LePage Kelowna
Managed Real Media marketing department for more than 150 Realtors® in a busy, cutting edge, real estate office setting. Media success was achieved using various software programs and a key understanding of technique, prepress and file preparation.
• Market department orientation for new Realtors® to showcase what Real Media offers
• Packaged training material and ‘Achieve Success’ programs for Royal LePage Realtors®
• Produced real estate feature sheets, promos, monthly newsletters and print media
• Administered overall design, corporate identity and artwork for various advertising mediums
• Prepared and designed promotional videos, advertising, DVD creation and media duplication
• Oversaw time-lining for projects for outside services to ensure that deadlines were met
Technical service representative Shaw Cable
• Technical service representative telephone support for Shaw customers.
Media Ministries - IT Networking Evangel Church
Produced weekly video and multimedia for a church that seated over 2200. Responsibilities included all printed media, including weekly bulletin, advertising, event posters and any outside print servicing.
• Oversaw all IT networking which included over 20 computers, maintenance, file backup, server software updates, OEM licensing, equipment inventory and liaise with Shaw and other ISP’s for tracking IP address numbers, maintenance of IP address changes and maintenance of domain registrations
• Managed computer software and proposed hardware and software recommendations
• Maintained email services and file archives
• Developed initial web site and maintained basic web shell; and trained junior web team