MARIA A. JOURNIETTE
Highly trained and well-organized professional with proven 10 years experience in a variety accounting and administrative positions
Expert skills in general accounting, financial reporting, budget planning and cash management. Experienced negotiator and communicator familiar with managing account relationships, client loyalty, and effective interfacing with professionals on all levels.
Personable and enthusiastic self-starter able to manage and direct the efforts of others toward achieving company goals.
Accounts Receivable Clerk 11/2008 – 1/2012
Cort National Billing Cincinnati, OH
• Posting of received payments by check, ACH, and credit card, applying credits to past due balances.
• Generating monthly reports for aging.
• Maintaining third party accounts by creating invoices and submitting third party bills for payment.
• Assisting collectors with accounts, and spreadsheets for payment breakdowns.
Trucking Accounting Assistant 04/2008 – 10/2008
CBS Staffing / Express Auto Transport Cincinnati, OH
• Accounts Receivable/ Payable and collection functions
• Posting received payments, daily bank deposits, generating Weekly Drivers Payroll Spreadsheets
• Preparing invoices, credit memos, taxes documents, PUCO paperwork, tags, title, and fuel tax paperwork and spreadsheets, maintain spreadsheets for aging, and taxes.
• Prepare loads and routes for drivers
Support Team Secretary 08/2007 – 01/2008
Council on Aging/ Ajilon Office Cincinnati, OH
• Prepare, compose, and type routine correspondence, memos, letters, reports, etc.
• Maintain departmental databases, research, gather, and analyze data
• Coordinate department events, arrange conferences and meetings prepare and assemble materials, maintain schedules, and calendars.
• Monitor inventory and order supplies as needed.
• Taking minutes at various meetings and circulating the draft minutes to attendees.
Accounts Payable/Collections Clerk 08/2006 – 01/2007
Ranstad Services Cincinnati, OH
• Made recommendations to solve accounting and collection problems, improve financial controls, and coordinate financial related activities.
• Composed documents (memos, reports, forms and business graphics).
• Receive and direct calls, manage electronic mail forwarding to appropriate departments and leaders based upon the subject matter
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports for CEO to keep him/her current with payables
Account Manager 04/2001 – 12/2006
Rice Trucking Forest Park, OH
• Ensured the accuracy of accounting reports and various other reports.
• Examined, verified, and maintained financial accounts, reconcile general and subsidiary ledger accounts.
• Handled and supervised maintenance of fleet.
• Purchase office supplies and maintain vendor accounts.
• Process mail and checks, organize files and records.
Bachelor of Business Administration 04/2007
American InterContinental University Hoffman Estates, IL
• Concentration in Accounting and Finance