Acquire a position in the engineering field, which will utilize my technical training and benefits from many years of experience with mechanical and aviation design applications. To use my knowledge base and enhance existing functions while learning alternate systems.
· Design aircraft floor plans, cabinets and the entire interiors of corporate aircraft, using modeling software CATIA V4
· Engineering and design technician with twenty years experience
· Extensive training in mechanical applications
· A proven record of success with progressively increasing responsibilities based upon experience, knowledge and superior work performance
· Excellent communication, motivation and time - management skills and abilities
· Outstanding organizational and analytical skills, including proficiency on managing multiple tasks simultaneously
Little Rock, Arkansas April 2010 – Current
· Design and draft process engineering, dust collection design, piping design systems for an array of industrial, manufacturing and commercial clients. Using Auto CAD 2010.
Little Rock, Arkansas June 2009 – March 2010
End Mill Machine Operator
· Ran an end milling machine by producing a chamfer on the 5/8” thick flat iron coils to facilitate a smooth and flawless weld edge.
· Ran cutting torch station, removing tabs and trimming pipe section anomalies.
· Ran floor crane station/sweep out pipe…from spiral welders to grind stations.
Dassault Falcon Jet
Little Rock, Arkansas Oct 2005 - June 2009
CATIA V4 Interiors Engineer - AutoCAD - VPM
Design Change Request, Project Manager
· Floor plan engineer for Dassault Falcon Jet. Establish the locations of all items pertaining to the interior of each aircraft. Seat locations, emergency equipment, switch panels and various other components.
· Plans and completes complex drawings of aircraft interior furnishings and secondary structural attachments.
· Performs engineering development, design analysis, and testing of various aircraft interior components and installations.
· Liaison between the Interiors department and the manufacturing floor
· Managed the flow, assignment and completion of shop requests to design changes and improvements.
· Design and document aircraft interior components and installations. Concept studies (human factor, aesthetics, strength to weight ratio, etc) vendor contacts, and cost studies leading to production design.
· Evaluate materials, hardware, and process specifications utilized in the aerospace industry. Demonstrate creative and mature engineering judgments in anticipating and solving engineering design problems.
· Mentor employees with less experience. Work closely with staff and supervision. Resolve production related issues.
Recommend design improvements. Perform other special assignments as directed by supervisor.
Audio International 2000-2005
North Little Rock, Arkansas
Change Order Manager June 2004 – Oct 2005
Associate Systems Engineer July 2001 – Oct 2005
Associate Mechanical Design Engineer July 2000 – July 2001
· Liaison between the customer and Audio International for all changes to current products
· Manage between 10 to 30 projects simultaneously – including: scheduling, ordering parts, assuring all the resources are available, and following up with the shipment of products
· Assist Systems Engineers with drawings and specifications
· Design remote overlays for Infrared remotes
· Streamline Systems Engineering processes, allowing them to produce a more error free product in a more efficient way
· Create template drawings/databases that improved the accuracy and production of products
· Design mechanical parts to produce switches for aircraft
· Correct tolerance issues on the manufacturing floor to ease assembly
· Worked with the following software on a daily basis: Auto CAD 2000, AS400, Excel, Word, and MS Works.
Jacuzzi Brothers Division Incorporated 1989-2000
Little Rock, Arkansas
CAD Engineering & Design Technician
Mechanical Engineering Associate during 1997-1998
· Project Management assigned engineering projects using AutoCAD2000, Mechanical DeskTop4, Word Perfect, Lotus123
· Completed engineering document control to part modification and testing
· Part interference, trouble-shooting and redesign to production piece
· Resolved design issues on plastic parts to enhance marketing sales
· Significantly reduced engineering documentation paper trail by developing PC program templates to reduce time and increase productivity for the department
· Proven cost savings by updating & maintaining all engineering computers
Army National Guard - Gulf War Veteran 1986-1991
Camp Robinson, North Little Rock, Arkansas
Operation Desert Storm, Al Quissima, Saudi Arabia 11/90-03/91
· Medical Supply Specialist
· Responsible for field warehouse, inventory, delivery and issuance of all hospital medical supply requests.
Officer Candidate School, Arkansas Military Academy
Camp Robinson, North Little Rock, Arkansas
· Executed orders & details to complete my mission using every resource necessary
· Developed the ability to communicate effectively with an array of personalities and ethnic backgrounds
· Completed courses that emphasized: professional leadership, management, oral and written communication, delegation of troops, discipline procedures, using chain of Command
Design Change Request Manager
· Managed the flow, assignment and completion of shop requests to design changes and improvements. Assigning projects and monitoring status of multiple projects simultaneously between an array of engineering staff.
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Drafting Technology 1989
Southern Technical College Little Rock, Arkansas