PRINCIPAL QUALITY ENGINEER
More than 6 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing manual/automated.
• 2+ years of experience in development, implementation and management of QA processes, along with leading QA team.
• 8 weeks Web Services performance testing experience using HP Load Runner V.11
• 2 years experience of Test Automation in Winrunner and other Functional/Performance tools
• Total of 6+ years experience in functional, GUI, Database, rule and field level test cases generation and execution.
• Testing Experience of e-Business, B2C, Web Application (.NET/JAVA), Commerce Server, Sharepoint Services, and Web Services.
• Skilled in managing whole of SQA life cycle that includes planning, developing and executing of test cases ranging from functionality, backend database validation, UAT, GUI, and stress & performance level for both manual and automated testing.
• 2+ years experience of directly working with client as a Off Shore QA Analyst
• Experience of conducting Internal project Audit, walkthrough and inspection of projects artifacts.
• Excellent understanding of various Software Quality Assurance methodologies
• Skills to manage a small/medium sized QA team effectively.
Strategic System International
Principal Quality Engineer 2/2009 – 12/2011
Manage and lead QA team. Ownership for the delivery of three projects applying quality processes. Ensure technical and functional designs meet business requirements.
Key project & Responsibilities:
• MQA System for Thomson Reuters
o Assignment/follow-up of client reported issues to developers/testers
o Training QA team for manual/Automation testing assignments
o Leading and mentoring QA team
o Developing QA and tick data validation strategy
o Coordination between Development and QA teams
o Release planning and management
o Requirements management and review
o Periodically reviewing all processes, methodologies and techniques for conformance with industry standards
o Review of QA artifacts like test plan, test cases and checklists
o Designing and writing test cases and tick data validation SSQL scripts
o Executing test cases, data validation SQL scripts and Bug reporting and
o Regression/Performance testing using automated testing tool
o Review and conduct QA research and improvement activities within the organization
Quality Engineer 8/2006 – 2/2009
As a team member, was responsible for test planning, testing and defect reporting over high priority offshore QA projects. Automated functional testing using Winrunner. Five months experience of leading the QA team. Part of internal project audit team.
Key projects & Responsibilities:
• PLS (Product Lifecycle System) for Liz Claiborne Inc.
o Successfully Automated and Implemented the ‘Special Security’ section of PLS (Product Lifecycle System) application using Winrunner 7.6.
o Communicating with Onsite QA Team members and Onsite Development Team (Conference Meeting).
o Communicating with Onsite FE (Functional Experts) for Business requirement change.
o PLS (Product Lifecycle System) Onsite application testing through VPN Connectivity.
o Documenting/Communicating testing results.
o Developing/Reviewing Test Scripts - Test Scenarios / Test Cases (Mercury Quality Center 9.0).
o Defect Reporting, Tracking and Verification (Mercury Quality Center 9.0).
• Jesta I.S. Inc.
o Business domain understanding using functional specifications and user guide.
o ‘Vision Merchandising’ application Functional, Regression and Volumetric testing.
o Preparation of Test Plan & QA Plan, getting their approval from higher management.
o Preparation of daily test status reports and overall defect status reporting.
o Identification of Test scenarios.
o Preparation of Functional Test Cases/ Test Scripts.
o Issue Resolution using JIRA Issue Management System
• SEWN for Liz Claiborne Inc.
o Create Test plan, test cases and checklists for Allocation module.
o Test data generation manually and through SQL scripts.
o Functional, UI and regression testing.
o Defect reporting in Test director.
o Perform Audit for activity and performance monitoring of SEWN projects e.g. Unit Testing Report, Faults Report, Functional Specification Document, SQA Plan, Test Plan, Project Plan, Configuration Management Plan and coding standards etc. are developed and followed or not.
KAPS Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Software Engineer 12/2004 – 7/2006
Selected as a Software Engineer in Quality Assurance department. Deployment, Testing and issue reporting of web based client server applications. Stress testing web applications using automated tools.
Key projects & Responsibilities:
• Multi-Cultural Procurement (MCP) & Social & Environmental Responsibility (SER)
o Coordination with Team members and Development Team for requirements
o Documenting software results
o Generation of Test Data
o Testing effort Estimation
o Development and Execution of Test Plans / Test Cases / Checklists
o Defect Reporting, Tracking and Verification
o Load/Performance testing using automated tool (LoadTest)
o Execution/Verification of Database Scripts
o Test environment configuration and Deployment of Web Application
o Test traceability matrix creation