Attain a stimulating entry-level writing position where I can use both creative and technical writing to help a company gain an audience and flourish.
Columbia College Chicago, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing - 2009
PROFESSIONAL WRITING SUMMARY
Print - Literary Magazine
Promotional - Internet Marketing Articles
Multimedia - Website Content
Simply Baked Breads, LLC Atlanta, GA 11/2011 - Present
Web Copywriter/Marketing Consultant (Contract)
• Responsible for composing original marketing content for the company website by prescribed deadlines.
• Participate in the creation of company marketing materials and product labeling by ensuring that content fits within branding strategy and aimed for target audiences.
• Contribute to the development and execution of promotional and service correspondence.
Search Influence, LLC New Orleans, LA 12/2010 - Present
• Use search engine optimization techniques to construct original website content, articles, and blogs to improve each client’s Internet presence
• Advance research and copy editing skills
Free Street Theater, Chicago, IL 1/2009 - 7/2009
Youth Theater Intern
• Assisted with Columbia College workshop inspired activities for group writing exercises to strengthen dialog for topical playwriting
• Energized writing the edited for two play productions, while collaborating with the directors for arc maturity and clarity of dialog
Flashquake Winter 2011
Zine Columbia Summer 2010