205 Manor Ridge Drive, Carrboro, NC 27510 (919) 358-4300 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org________________________________________
I am an advertising writer/creative director/strategic thinker. Not necessarily in that order.
Write in all media. Plus I possess tons of broadcast experience, mostly TV and radio, but also video and web applications. Oh, and music production, too. Budgets run from gritty to grandiose.
Have worked extensively in Healthcare, Transportation (trucks and planes), Food & Beverage, Entertainment, Financial, Retail, Animal Health, Education and Hotel/Hospitality, among other consumer-oriented accounts.
Opine frequently but briefly on advertising-related work on my blog: crankyadguy.blogspot.com.
Freelance Writer/Producer…………………………………………………………………..……10/11 – Present
Creative work may be viewed at bobkochuk.com
Creative Director 10/01-10/11
Jennings and Company; Chapel Hill, North Carolina (creative work may be viewed at www.jenningsco.com
Led creative department to provide interesting, relatable, and strategically sound communications vehicles, regardless of budget. Accounts include Volvo Trucks North America, Truliant Federal Credit Union, The Nasher Museum at Duke University, College of Charleston, Time Warner Cable, Tufts Medical Center, Cooper University Hospital, University Health Systems of Eastern Carolina and UNC Health Care, among others.
• Conceptualized, developed, wrote, executed, and produced creative work in all media.
• Created and presented speculative creative and finished creative materials to clients and prospective clients.
• Surprisingly, not a Carolina fan. At all.
Creative Director 2000 - 2001
The Hauser Group; Savannah, Georgia
• Directed the work of creative staff (3 people). Also responsible for occasional supervision of employees
in the Atlanta office. Accounts included Savannah Electric, Alabama Power, the Telfair Museum, and Mrs. Smith’s Foods, among others.
• Experienced first-ever oyster roast.
Associate Creative Director 1993 - 2000
Bernstein – Rein; Kansas City, Missouri
• Conceptualized, wrote and produced advertising in all media for an extensive variety of clients, many quite large and of national prominence. Accounts included Wal-Mart, Blockbuster Video, Blockbuster Music, Russell Stover Candies, Whitman’s, Planet Hollywood, Bayer Advantage, McDonald’s, Children’s Mercy Hospital, the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art, and the Missouri Lottery.
• Liaison between the Creative Directors and a staff of 12 writers, art directors, and production artists.
• Participated in numerous new business pitches, contributing speculative creative and strategic thinking.
• Developed creative campaign that won the Bayer Advantage account.
• Ate lots of really good barbecue.
Associate Creative Director 1990 - 1993
DMB&B (Darcy, Masius, Benton & Bowles agency); St. Louis, Missouri
• Accounts included MM/Mars (Skittles and Combos), Chi-Chi’s Mexican Restaurants, ConAgra Foods, Kid Cuisine, and Anheuser-Busch projects.
Senior Writer 1988 - 1990
Ogilvy & Mather – Hawaii; Honolulu, Hawaii
• Hawaiian Airlines, RockResorts, Hyatt Regency Hawaii, Outrigger Hotels, and the Waikiki Oahu Visitors Association.
• Learned how to boogie board without getting killed.
Writer positions at agencies in Charlotte and Greenville, SC. 1981-1988
All included broadcast production as well.
B.A. Speech Communication (*** laude)
North Carolina State University – Raleigh, North Carolina
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
• Member of the Telly Awards Silver Chair Council.
• Ongoing judge for International Telly Awards and Davey Awards.
• Teach occasional advertising and marketing classes at Duke University.
• Created show materials for the AAF Raleigh-Durham Chapter’s 2008 ADDY Awards.
• Judged ADDY award competitions in Charleston, SC and Milwaukee, WI.
• Food snob. Musicologist. Labrador retriever believer.