DANIELLE D. BREWER-CRAIG
Capable and committed Researcher, Writer and Editor with years of experience working for various organizations.
• Demonstrated capacity to do extensive research and write for online publications.
• Higly focused and results-oriented, deadline-driven operations; able to identify goals and priorities and resolve issues efficiently.
• Created a proofreading service which currently oversees the work of multiple small busniesses in the DC area.
• Adept as a team player, able to successfully work with various personalities at various career levels to get the job done.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat Reader, all Web-based search engines, Windows and Mac OS, type 90 wpm with complete accuracy.
The Examiner, Smithsonian Museum Examiner (Current)
• Write concise articles focusing on the different events and current exhibits featured throughout the Smithsonian Institute’s various museums in the District of Columbia.
DDB Proofreading Services, CEO (June 2010-Present)
• Edit professional documents such as business plans, marketing prototypes, business reports etc. in an efficient and timely manner.
• A company owned and operated solely by Danielle D. Brewer-Craig, an educated and well-trained editor/proofreader; former employee of the American Psychological Association’s PsycINFO department.
• Current clients include Ring Back LLC and MAK LLC with more pending.
American Psychological Association (APA)
Technical Information Specialist, PsycINFO (June 2005 – October 2008)
• Developed abstracts for journal studies and articles on animal research, child psychology, and new world psychology and science.
• Coordinated with content manager to develop over 15,000 abstracts since 2005.
• Provided ongoing support for abstract publication in APA journals by editing abstracts for journal studies and articles.
• Performed periodic reviews of database records produced by psychologists and freelancers for journal publication.
• Researched and identified key terms in articles and journals for keyword optimization in PsycINFO to help facilitate online searches
• Reviewed studies and articles for database classification
• Bachelor of Science in Sociology with a concentration in African American Studies (123 credit hours completed),
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University [Pending, December 2011]
Corporate Social Responsibility:
Community Family Life Services, non-profit organization headquartered in D.C that helps foster children in the area using volunteer mentors from the area.
• Volunteer and youth mentor (May 2010-Present)