7310 Standifer Gap Road #1608 Chattanooga TN 37421 • Rajan.Krithika @yahoo.com. • (913) 526-9173
Software Quality/Automation Engineer with 5+ years experience testing and helping debugging application software and specialized utility programs. Expert in analyzing user needs and proposing software solutions; customizing software for client use with the goal of optimizing operational efficiency.
• Experienced in Automation of test scripts using QA Wizard Pro
• Analytically skilled at programming with solid experience in C, C++
• Familiar with working in an AGILE development environment and participating in bug triages regularly
• Experienced in Microsoft Office and industry applications including Matlab, QxDM, WireShark OTA messaging and packet analysis
• Worked with an array of operating systems: Windows XP, Vista 32/64 and Win7 32/64 and Mac Lion OS
• Used automation tools, including SLATE, during testing and certification
• Proficient in a variety of wireless technology products including Bluetooth and Wimax
Software QA Engineer 2009 –2011
Smith Micro Software Inc., Chicago, Illinois (worked remote from Chattanooga, TN)
• Automated 100+ test cases using QA Wizard Pro. Realized 66% increase in efficiencies of black box testing.
• Uncovered unique client crash situations. Investigated reproducibility of a crash upon exit issue on multiple laptops/OS. Justified delaying the product release by providing irrefutable statistics on the crash occurrence (with client logs, crash log generated by Windows, screen shots and reproducibility rate info.
• Verified compliance with specifications and customer requirements and ensured that functional bugs were handled as per the established Quality-Development process.
• Contributed to the AGILE methodology practiced by development. Raised change requests to modify certain aspects of new functionality introduced with focus on usability. Ensured correct documentation of high priority bugs raised near the ending stages of the testing cycle, including known issues.
• Supported a vast customer base ranging from State of Montana to Belgium based Eandis. Interfaced with customers and demonstrated strong troubleshooting skills that led to the close of $8M new business.
• Singularly reported 45% of total incidents, accelerating quality improvement.
• Conducted testability of a Sprint Connection Manager for MAC environment, Windows OS, Windows XP, Vista 32, Vista 64, Win7 32 and 64 bit.
• Mentored new engineers and provided training on client installation/upgrades, connect before logon functionality and device connection issues.
• Worked collaboratively with customer and sales team to resolve issues related to Auto-NDIS mode on embedded modules and PCMCA device detection matters.
• Effectively scripted over 300 test cases using “Spira Team” for Mobile VPN (MIP and session continuity, connection maintenance, user interface, WWAN activation, connect before logon to verify software functionality.
Product Development Engineer 2008—2009
Sprint Nextel Corp., Overland Park, KS
• Tested and contributed to the development of applications including Bluetooth, Multimedia, provisioning tools for feature and smart phones such as Samsung, HTC, LG and Blackberry.
• Certified CDMA devices with respect to phone hardware, accessories, talk time and stand by testing, battery testing, and battery chargers.
• Provided technical support and guidance to phone vendors, third party labs, and content providers to improve phone features, usability, and applications to assure customer satisfaction.
• Conducted trouble shooting and log analysis to determine root cause analysis of issues.
Graduate Research Assistant 2006—2008
Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
• Developed an automated system for detection and analysis of pavement distress.
• Devised feature selection using image processing with Matlab 7.0 platform.
• Conducted analysis determining pavement conditions for Kansas Department of Transportation.
Master’s of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering GPA: 4.0/4.0
Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication GPA: 4.0/4.0
Anna University, Chennai, India
• Top student seven out of eight semesters of the B.E. course at Easwari Engineering College, securing a university ranking of 5 out of 10, 678 students.
• Scored 100% in computer science in the All India senior high school certificate exams.
• Analysis of Pavement Condition Data Employing Principal Component Analysis and Sensor Fusion techniques, 2008 International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Pattern Recognition 14-17 July 2008, Las Vegas.
• A Distance based Comparison of Optimal Power Allocation to Distributed Sensors in a Wireless Sensor Network; IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2008) 19-23 May 2008, Beijing, China.