Derek Emmanuel Davidson
University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
¬Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, May 2009
¬Cumulative GPA 2.8
¬St. Louis Community College, Kirkwood, MO
¬Associate’s Degree, General Studies, May 2006
¬Cumulative GPA 3.1
Pinnacle Career Institute Kansas City, MO August 2010- November 2011
• Screened individuals for admissions into school by conducting professional college interviews
• Assisted students with admissions paperwork for entry into school
• Utilized professional communication skills, managerial skills, and computer skills
• Worked hand in hand with the different departments in the school to make sure students get enrolled on time
Home Depot Lawrence, KS January 2010 – August 2010
¬Customer Service Specialist
• ¬Handle Customer care issues within the store including setting up and receiving special order supplies
• Talking to Home Depot vendors on a daily basis in regards to special order problems and arrival dates
• Calling customers daily with updates and arrival times on special orders
• Experienced cashier
Delta Tau Delta Fraternity
¬Vice President - Executive Board Position University of Kansas Fall 2008 - Fall 2008
• Head of the Administrative Board - Ran weekly meetings, managed and tasked Administrative Board members
• Executive Board Member- Reported updates to other executive board members from weekly administrative meetings
• Assisted the chapter president and other executive board members on decisions governing the entire fraternity
Director of Alumni Affairs - Administrative Board Position Spring 2008- Spring 2008
• Organized and ran alumni golf outings.
• Worked closely with alumni on housing and chapter issues
• Professionally communicated chapter news to alumni via email, letters, and phone calls.
Petition Chair - Administrative Board Position Fall 2007 - Fall 2007
• Created and submitted the chapter's petition to the national executive board for chartering of the Gamma Tau Chapter.
Blockbuster Inc. St. Louis, MO November 2005 - January 2007
¬Customer Service Representative
• Assisted customers finding movies
• Learned good sales tactics
• Daily cleaning duties
Honors and Awards
• Founding Father of Delta Tau Delta Fraternity - Gamma Class member of the Gamma Tau Chapter of Delta Tau Delta.
• National Honor Society - chapter Vice President 2004
• Sunset Hills Chamber of Commerce Student of the Month - March 2004
• Boy Scouts - Arrow of Light Badge
• Part-time job Sigma Kappa Sorority: Kitchen Worker.
• Community Service Work: Adopt-A-School, Habitat for Humanity, Joyce Meyer Ministries, and United Service Organization
• Campus Intramurals
• Musician: drums, guitar, piano
• Evangelism Team Member - Chennai, India: 1997
• Humanitarian Team Member - Masindi, Uganda: 2000
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Have held several sales and technical based jobs
• Public speaking and organizational skills - Have had public speaking classes and held leadership roles in several organizations.
• Strong computer skills on both PC and Apple computers with work in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.