David A. O’Sullivan
5657 Traceside Drive, Nashville, TN 37221 (615) 293-0968 firstname.lastname@example.org
LOGISTICS OPERATIONS PROFESSIONAL
Award-winning Logistics Operations Professional bringing comprehensive leadership experience to a management role. Background includes advanced roles in domestic and international Logistics Operations Management, solid commitment to customer satisfaction and history of innovation. Strong record of team building, motivation and retention. Outstanding communication and presentation abilities at all levels of an organization. Six Sigma Yellow Belt with extensive cross functional expertise.
AREAS OF STRENGTH:
• Inbound/Outbound Operations Management • Multi-Site Operations & Process Improvements · Customer, Vendor/Supplier & OEM Relationships • Multi-modal Contract Management
• Cross-functional team building & retention • Driving Solutions through Detailed Analysis
OHL (OZBURN-HESSEY LOGISTICS), BRENTWOOD , TN
Privately-owned Third Party Logistics leader, with over 6,000 employees worldwide and over $1bn in revenue. Services provided include operations management, client warehousing & distribution.
Transportation Operations Manager 2008-2010
Successfully managing four customer accounts with daily operations in seven locations and combined multi-modal budgets of $16million. Recognized in company-wide award in 2010 for Distinguished Service on behalf of customer shipping 70% of annual volume in ten-week period. Managed combined staff of seven achieving cross-functional excellence.
• Delivered annual double digit savings over baseline projections
• Drove network model changes resulting in $270k annual savings
• Consistently maintained freight as % of sales at 4% or below
• Reduced vendor billing discrepancies to improve working capital
• Managed customer TMS integration
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING, NASHVILLE, TN
Division of multi-billion logistics network, with sister offices in UK and Switzerland, providing a customized transportation & logistics management solution to $7billion global specialty chemical manufacturer.
Control Tower Manager 2006 - 2007
Managed US Export ocean freight operations for Swiss chemical manufacturer as part of three-tier global transportation management program, with an annual budget of $42million. Operations covered international inbound and outbound operations, routed via a DHL-designed portal. Directed operations staff of two along with one IT colleague.
• Directed operations for customer shipments of over 42,000TEU per year
• Drove efficiencies in auditing and paying freight bills ensuring all provider payments made on time.
• Effectively used Incoterms in outbound European lanes
• Improved seamless communication between warehouse, carrier and customer to ensure fully electronic shipment management.
• Developed strategy for expansion to include all NAFTA shipments.
INGERSOLL RAND, WHITE HOUSE, TN
$13billion global diversified manufacturer and distributor of high-performance tools and machines, with over 10,000 employees worldwide.
Logistics Operations Manager 2004 - 2006
Directed warehouse and distribution operations of global distribution center, containing 18,000 SKUs, for major tool and equipment manufacturer. Managed two supervisors and 32 associates. Responsible for Transportation and Operations budgets of over $5million.
• Increased productivity by over 10% through introduction of visibility tools throughout facility.
• Improved daily line output by over 20% through enhanced wave planning
• Participated in efficiency initiatives as part of IR Global Logistics Council
• Led introduction of new tools to assist in packing operations and reduce waste in facility.
• Requested local trucking vendors operate under flexible schedules to reduce environmental impact on community.
Prior experience includes:
Panalpina, Inc. (Nashville, TN & Huntsville, AL)
Export Manager, managing air/ocean exports in two local branches for global freight forwarder. Oversaw staff of eight employees.
Anixter, Inc. (Cranbury NJ)
Regional Transportation Manager, responsible for distribution operations and $30m freight spend in Eastern third of United States
E-Transport (Cranford, NJ)
Engagement Manager, responsible for implementation of ocean freight rate management programs for international shipping lines operations based in the United States.
Direct Container Line (Carteret, NJ)
Customer Service/Operations Management for leading global partial ocean freight consolidator.
Air Canada (Newark, NJ)
Cargo Operations & Baggage Services Manager. Responsible for Baggage Services operations at Newark Int’l Airport in addition to participating in Systems Development. 100% success in bag retrieval.
Groupe Norbert Dentressangle (Southampton, UK)
Transportation Operator, responsible for truckload distribution between England & France for over 50,000 shipments annually
College of Commerce, Dublin, Ireland (1990)
Diploma in Transport Management (BA Equivalent)
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power-Point, Visio)
Bilingual – English/French
Past President, Irish-American Society of Tennessee
Distinguished Service Recognition – November 2010