TODD EDWARD PETTY
Senior-level Security/Fraud/IT Security and Loss Prevention professional with a comprehensive leadership background in all aspects of security protection with premier global firms. Significant experience in Ethics and Compliance*IT Security* Security Architecture Design/Implementation*Financial Crimes*Investigations*Credit Card Fraud*Corporate Espionage* Executive & Employee Protection*Business Continuity*Create Corporate Security Programs*Technology Investigations*Physical Security Systems*Computer Security*Security Operations*Product Copyright & Trademark Infringement*Extortion &Kidnapping Negotiations/Management*Supply Chain Security*Retail Security & Loss Prevention*Crisis Management & Communications*Litigation Support*Computer Forensics*Sales of Security and Fraud Services*Project Management*Organizational Development & Change Management Leadership*Marketing and Sales for portfolio of security services and products*Seasoned hands on with international labor laws. Experienced international business professional conducting successful projects on a global scale. Posted and travel extensively in ASIA-PAC, EMEA and CALA.
LTD Commodities LLC 1/2010-Present
Fraud Manager/Revenue Protection
• Newly created role “green field” required me to successfully lead, integrate and enable LTD lines of business with the acumen to blend common sense controls with efficient and productive Fraud Prevention and IT Security business processes. Proven ability to value and articulate the varied fraud/security threats facing the organization in the context of business impacts.
• Accountable for state of the art technology solutions and innovative security management techniques to safeguard the organizations assets and correct security vulnerabilities with new and legacy IT systems.
• Responsible for ensuring the safety/security of most network and information systems environments.
• Established appropriate standards and risk controls associated with intellectual property protection/DLP.
• Supporting strategic SAP and non-SAP legacy applications/projects for Order Management, Finance/HR, Corp Procurement, Warehouse, and Marketing as it relates to IT Security in very high volume and data retail environment.
• Closed over 130+ issues and achieved stabilization within 90 days of deployment with no major disruptions to business as it relates to Fraud Prevention and IT Security.
• Designed and created fraud prevention/detection programs with SOP’s and road map defeating real name or subscription fraud, credit card fraud, Internet fraud, cybercrimes and third party processing schemes (using both victims unaware of the fraudulent activity as well as knowledgeable co-conspirators), check and money laundering schemes, illicit freight forwarding and redirected deliveries, unauthorized credits and refunds. Fully implemented the fraud prevention strategy and maintain workflows for staff.
• Providing investigative and analytical assistance for technical, system, employee issues with a high degree of confidentiality and understanding of ethical standards. Additionally supporting various levels of global law enforcement agencies.
• Strategically positioned the Fraud/IT Security function as a proactive and positive force to both customers and senior management.
• Obtained very aggressive success rate to over 94% of stated above objectives with serious accountable KPI’s being measured and constantly monitored by the QA function for both quantitative and qualitative measurements; measured against total sales.
• Led a reduction in fraud losses of 43% (Y-O-Y Feb.-Nov. 2009/2010) on sales of $736,000.
• Fraud accounts (#) decreased by 130%, attributed to better identification (hard dollar loss trends TBD)
Asset Protection Services 4/2007-1/2010
• Litigation support in the area of computer Forensics and security consulting.
• Physical Security assessments that achieve high caliber protection of employees and assets.
• Lead projects for clients in areas of COBIT, COSO, HIPAA, SIEM, SOX, SOX-404, ISO-17799, BS 7799, ISO 27002, COBRA, SAS 70, and PCI DSS. XSS, SQL injection, “Encase Certified”, SEIM. Projects have come in on time and under budget. Projects have led to additional education and awareness training. Design, lead and participate in various areas of SLA’s.
• Hands on experience with Check Point, ArcSight, Juniper, RSA Security, Cisco, IronPort, SourceFire Symantec, MacAfee, BlackIce, Tripwire, Barracuda, Nessus, and more
• Experience with both manual and automated software and hardware. As well testing
• Provide security consulting and assessments to a variety of clients. Also provide litigation support for a variety of law firms. One of the corporate clients has been former employer Motorola.
• Design IT security audits for compliance and implement recommendations with various regulatory issues and business investigations and risk management. Also partner in designing data and crisis centers.
• Participate in client projects as both leader and team player. Review IT security process, reporting structure, and security controls. Provide recommendations and training that have led to cost savings, cost controls and better use of IT security resources. Additionally provide any IT or financial forensic investigative support required.
• Develop, foster and build relationships at all levels of decision makers in clients and prospective client’s organizations.
• Present various security, fraud, asset and revenue protection services to C level executives both in IT functions and also staff and line management leadership. Held responsible to KPI’s that were 87% successfully met.
• NOTE: I have worked in several industries including but not limited to corporate governance, automotive, distribution, financial/banking, healthcare, energy, technology, government, public services, education, transportation, retail, manufacturing, hospitality, consulting, professional services, engineering, media, marketing, sales, legal, telecommunications, construction/real estate, security and international government relations.
Pinkerton/Securitas Security Services International: 4/2003-4/2007
Director Security Consulting Services
• Marketing and sales of multiple accounts in various business markets of security, compliance and retail loss prevention. Also design and customize contracts that lead to a high percentage of closed deals generating revenue.
• Increased the quality and value of security operations and compliance issues for clients. Leading several teams and projects in areas of security, investigations, ethics compliance, physical security and Homeland Security initiatives. IT Security, fraud investigations involving computer forensics and IT compliance. Manage 17 million P&L.
Whittman-Hart/US WEB CKS/ Mitchell Madison Group/marchFIRST/DIVINE INC., NOTE: all these IT consulting firms were the same company. The position I held both times was the same. Each enterprise went bankrupt. I was asked to stay on when DIVINE started up and I accepted.
Chief Security Officer 1/2000-04/2003
Senior security leadership position for worldwide IT consulting and Professional Services Organizations. Created, designed and developed a leading strategic global security function in a shared services model. 72 offices world-wide staff of 96 as well 26 contractors. Also lead and manage several external business partners and vendors on global scale.
• Successfully created, designed and implemented all worldwide security policies and procedures.
• Additionally created and lead the IT Security team in all compliance issues.
• Designed, created and facilitated security awareness training programs for both traditional personal security issues as well as IT Security training and audits. Successfully design and build state of art GNOC to monitor all clients’ traffic.
• Partnered with clients in fraud and security consulting. Software varied and included Entrust, Netegrity, Tivoli Identity Manager, Core Impact, StoneSoft/StoneGate, Encase and RSA. Also various credit card fraud and anomaly detection/management programs.
• Created a process for partnering with our clients on all security audits and breeches. The main focus was protection of revenues on the IT Security issues required by the clients.
• Design, create and negotiate RFP’s, SOW’s SLA’s and other contractual issues related to engagements.
• Lead several client projects on topics such as Sarbanes-Oxley Act, also section 404, GLB Act, USA Patriot Act, ISO 17799, HIPPA, Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Computer Security Act, Security and Freedom through Encryption Act, Federal Sentencing Guidelines and Economic Espionage Act. COBIT, COSO
• Projects included various technologies but not limited to-Linux, Windows, XP, Active Directory, Windows 2003 Server, Unix, Juniper Firewalls, IronPort, IDS Modules, Apache, Sendmail, Qmail, Cisco ACS,
• Created a “State Of Security” report that I presented to senior management that contained all worldwide security issues, matters, major concerns, project updates and all ongoing Intellectual Property litigation. 78% of recommendations were implemented.
• Designed a Security Vulnerabilities training tutorial on the enterprise matrix.
• Created a “******* Technology Handbook” on the enterprise matrix for all employees to learn at their own pace. The handbook included coding fundamentals. These products lead to a measured drop in external threats attempting access.
• Lead the due diligence team for 32 business acquisitions. Required motivating both internal and external teams.
• Developed anomaly detection software for clients in the area of credit card fraud and partnered with their IT Security teams.
• Sold IT security and fraud services to many of the organizations clients. Responsible for a P&L.
MOTOROLA GLOBAL SECURITY 3/1990-1/2000
Director of Security/Fraud, Wireless and Cellular Sector
• The Wireless Sector consisted of all Wireless Products and Cellular Services, Computer Division, Joint Ventures running Wireless firms outside of U.S. and Iridium Project. Worldwide responsibility for all security, business integrity, fraud and retail loss prevention issues for a $20.5 Billion business unit of a Fortune 25 company with $37 Billion in total company revenues. The Wireless Business unit had 28,500 employees worldwide with 9,000 employee based in the U.S. markets. Lead and manage internal staff of 248 as well 50 plus contractors/consultants and well over 36 vendors on global scale. Based in Hong Kong and later London and also traveled extensively in Central and Latin America.
• Directed, led and implemented several IT Security process on “cell sites” around the globe.
• Created and lead several efforts on IP, Copyright and Trademark infringement product branding issues.
• Responsible for securing any funding that was always needed. But still held accountable to a budget that at the time Motorola used a term “cost per headcount”. Given the worldwide security and fraud efforts we had the lowest in Support Shared Services Group. Designed a loss and revenue protection analysis that was in accordance with general accounting practices to prove externally the Motorola Cellular Fraud Unit actually brought in revenues and was a profit center and paid for itself.
• Promoted to Director Level 12/94: Constantly traveling globally with the Security TEAM spread throughout the globe. I was always meeting with the external clients, suppliers, distributors and retail chains and presenting our progress of what Motorola Cellular Fraud Unit was doing to protect and defend the trademark and copyright of Motorola. Always partnering with key internal departments like sales and marketing in the region and back in the states. Lead several initiatives, audits and investigations that discovered just under 67 million hard dollars for both Motorola as well several of Motorola’s global wireless clients. Close to one-third of the lost funds were recovered.
• Develop, design, created and delivered high level presentations for the Cellular Fraud Department around the world.
• Sold fraud consulting services to wireless network clients on a global scale. This P&L was separate from budget.
• Lead the organization through many global crisis situations or played a key role depending on the crisis over the years. Also a member of the “GO:” team for the corporate crisis response.
• Created a Road Map for Crisis Management and after action reviews for the business unit.
• The only business unit security leader with a leadership succession and development plan for the key managers that were part of the team.
• Promoted to Manager level 5/92 (the position just seemed to evolve as the business grew)
• Built from the ground up a “Security Operations” Function that included several functions of security that were not in place but needed by the business unit. The TEAM became a benchmark over the years for other Motorola teams to follow. Focused my passionate creativity to raise the bar and perception of how organizations perceive and value best in class security teams. The TEAM was recognized many times by the business unit.
• As the business unit quickly grew I implemented more technology based security solutions.
• Performed vulnerability and risk assessments on wireless systems and networks. Created anomaly software for clients to reduce revenue loss related to fraud.
• Hired as Investigator 3/90 (Motorola had major theft and revenue loss due to fraud)
• Designed, developed, and created measurable results driven investigative function. I wrote all the policies/procedures and internal controls for this new function. I also pioneered a first of its kind external cellular fraud support function designed to save revenues for Motorola and its clients
Master of Science, Management and Leadership, National-Louis University, College of Business
Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice Sciences, Illinois State University (NCAA Student Athlete)
• Adjunct Faculty at Webster University in the School of Business and Technology; MBA program and MBA for “Security Administration”
• Alumni-Center for Creative Leadership (CCL)
• Completed “OUTWARD BOUND” executive leadership and team building program
• Wicklander-Zulawski Interview & Interrogation Techniques
• John E. Reid Interview & Interrogation Techniques
• Course work also completed at the Computer Security Institute and SANS Institute in IT Security/Forensics. Guidance Systems Software “ENCASE” Completed the week long class for ENCASE
• Received Certifications for StoneGate Firewall Architect and StoneGate Firewall Engineer in 8/08
Current 2010-2012 member of Federal Reserve District 7 Merchant Steering Committee
Current member of MRC Merchant Technologies Committee
ASIS-Served 3 terms as chapter Secretary on the Board of Directors (Chicago Chapter)
Current active member of National Association Certified Fraud Examiners-both local chapter and national
CFE, CSI, HTCIA, TAPA, CLI, NIST, SANS, ISSA, ECTF, Home Land Security Professional, Loss Prevention Professionals, CSO Roundtable, Black Hat, SIG-Security Industry Group, SLP-Security Leaders Group, ISMA (admitted to ISMA while at marchFIRST), NCAA Athletes in the Workplace
Extensive course work completed at Motorola University in Engineering, Wireless Systems and IT Security.
CTIA-served as a very active member on a few fraud and IT Security councils from 1991-2000.
VOLUNTEER-Been active board member at McHenry County “Home of the Sparrow” since 1999.
VOLUNTEER-Been active member through Church Parish to the Crystal Lake Food Bank since 2004