E d u c a t i o n
Rhode Island School of Design Continuing Education, Providence, RI
Completed Two-Dimensional Design, Advertising Design, Quark XPress, Adobe Photoshop and Natural Science Drawing.
September 1995 - September 1999
Boston University, Boston, MA
Three semesters studying at the Center for English Language and Orientation Program; in one year jumped six levels to the highest English course offered.
January 1994 - May 1995
University of Seville School of Fine Arts, Seville, Spain
Graduated with combined B.A./M.F.A. in Painting, 1989
Institute of Education Science, Seville, Spain
Certified in pedagogy; received highest performance award, 1989
W o r k E x p e r i e n c e
I n d e p e n d e n t A r t I s t : Lorraine Mills Artist Community
Currently painting with oils, acrylics, and mixed media. Work can be seen at www.aliciaruizflaxman.com.
Pawtucket, RI February 2010 –
G r a p h i c D e s i g n e r : Easy Aces, Inc.
Prototype designer for international toy company. Responsibilities also included the design and layout of all catalogs, airbrushing prototypes, and digital photography.
Cumberland, RI March 1996 - September 1999
G r a p h i c D e s i g n e r : Providence Creative Group
Internship assisting a variety of advertising projects. Designed logotypes, brochures, and newspaper ads.
Providence, RI October 1995 - March 1996
A r t T e a c h e r : YMCA and The Arts Council
Taught a twelve-week drawing course to children ages nine to sixteen. The class focused on charcoal and ink as expressive drawing mediums.
Pawtucket, RI January - March 1996
G r a p h i c D e s i g n e r : Asesoramiento y Marqueting,Inc.
Worked in a publishing firm designing logotypes, business brochures, personal cards, and general corporate images for marketing campaigns.
Malaga, Spain 1992 - 1993
G r a p h i c D e s i g n e r : Contacto Publicidad, Inc.
Responsible for all magazine and newspaper layout in the drawing department.
Malaga, Spain 1991 - 1992
P r o m o t i o n a l A g e n t: OAL, Inc.
Worked for the Department of Projects and Design for the promotion and development of the city of Antequera. Responsibilities included designing logotypes and signs, organizing expositions to publicize new trade schools, and collaborating with the National Magazine of Archeology in conjunction with the development projects.
Malaga, Spain 1990 - 1991
A r t T e a c h e r : Cerrado de Calderón
Taught five separate art classes to children ages thirteen to eighteen at a large private school. Each class had thirty students and focused on technical drawing, oil painting, and graphic design.
Malaga, Spain 1989 - 1990
E x h i b i t i o n s
• Participated in the Pawtucket Open Studios organized by the Pawtucket Arts Collaborative, Pawtucket RI, September 2011
• The Mill Gallery, Lorraine Mills, Pawtucket RI, February 2010 – Current
• Participated in the Pawtucket Open Studios organized by the Pawtucket Arts Collaborative, Pawtucket RI, September 2010
• Collective exhibition of decorative drawing organized by the Seville School of Fine Arts.
Seville School of Fine Arts Gallery, October 1989
• Collective painting exhibition organized by the Consulate of the United States in Seville.
The Consulate Gallery Room, April 1989
• Collective Painting and Sculpture exhibition entitled, "Plastic Artists for Peace in Central America."
The Rectory Exhibition Hall of the University of Seville, May 1989
• Individual painting exhibition in Marbella.
Dada'rt Gallery, June 1988
• Participated in the design and layout of the magazine, "Alfares No 5," edited by the Youth Council of Cáceres.
• Collective painting exhibition entitled, "Andalucian Cultural Week," organized by the Board of Education of Andalucia.
Institute of Professional Development, September, 1988
O t h e r U s e f u l F a c t s
• Biligual: Spanish / English
• Expert in the use of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.