In today’s world, accurate and coherent copy and communications are not luxuries; they’re critical to organizational and business success. I’m an editorial professional with extensive experience and verifiable expertise in the refinement of written communications in all subject areas. I can ensure clarity and readability, can confer perfect editorial integrity, and can research factuality of content. And in English, French, and Spanish. The service is guaranteed to satisfy or there's no charge. Functional resume follows.
PAULA I. PLANTIER
115 Jacobs Creek Road / Ewing, NJ 08628
609-882-5852 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Well qualified to offer longtime expertise in a full range of EDITORIAL SERVICES, including copy editing, content editing, rewriting, proofreading, and fact checking for accuracy of the content of print material and Web site online text in a variety of subjects and across industries, via either teamwork or individual effort. A multilevel resource person whose editorial talent has saved employers both time and money. Verifiable record of achievement in the elevation of levels of written communication. Thorough knowledge of AMA, AP, APA, and Chicago styles.
• Copy editing
• Copy fitting
• Editorial strategizing
• Fact checking/researching
• Modernization of house style
• Training of editors
• Typesetting and typing at 75 words per minute
• Cited by managers and clients as a sophisticated, superior performer.
• Advanced mastery of spelling, grammar, syntax, cohesion, organization, and punctuation.
• Critical ability to act firmly and responsibly so as to ensure editorial integrity, style consistency, clarity, and accuracy of content; to make concise suggestions that improve text while preserving the author’s voice; to exercise flexible, incisive, and independent judgment; and, as second nature, to meet the deadlines of projects with conflicting demands.
• Flexibility to apply various house styles.
• Coaching and advising to strengthen editorial and communication strategies that have built irresistible and compelling brands for business leaders at multinationals and start-ups.
• Read, write, rewrite, edit, proofread, and translate English, French, and Spanish.
FUNCTIONAL SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
>>> Please request chronological résumé.
Freelance Editorial Consultant
Full-Time Editorial Employee
Client facing or in-house at the following companies:
• Amgen – big pharma
• Bloomberg – financial services
• Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) – big pharma
• Covance – life sciences industry
• CSC – life sciences industry
• Deloitte – financial advisory services
• Educational Testing Service (ETS) – academic test production
• JPMorgan Chase – banking and investment services
• KPMG – tax and business management advisory services
• McGraw-Hill – book publishing
• Novartis – big pharma
• PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) – tax and management advisory services
• Random House – book publishing
• Rockefeller Brothers Foundation – charity
• Xerox – business services and equipment
• For Bloomberg, copyedit/proofread/fact-check to produce error-free high-finance-magazine articles and house ads with zero defects, resulting in a 300% increase in circulation, a 200% increase in number of advertisers, and a 200% increase
in revenue: http://www.bloomberg.com/markets-magazine/.
• Edit Amgen’s and BMS’s Forms 10-K and 10-Q for submission to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
• Annually revise and improve company annual reports for stockholders of BMS, Rockefeller Brothers Fund, and Xerox.
• Rewrote PricewaterhouseCoopers/Wiley’s Guide to Forensic Accounting Investigation, covering Sarbanes-Oxley: http://www.pwc.com/us/en/forensic-services/publications/guide-forensic-accounting-investigations.jhtml.
• Copyedit for BMS the company’s external, promotional, and public relations communications, including medical and pharmaceutical white papers and booklets.
• Exceed ETS's processing target of 48 items per day by processing 90 and remediate fatal errors of fact in test items for SAT, AP, GRE, and Praxis. Cited for superior performance.
• Edit Random House/Fodor's, Australia travel book.
• For ISI, edit international regulatory compliance documents.
• Translate McGraw-Hill intricate publishing documents in French and Spanish.
• Edit for Novartis clinical trial monographs and slide kits.
• Copyedit/proofread/fact-check annually PwC book titled Global Entertainment and Media Outlook, for PwC clients worldwide: http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/global-entertainment-media-outlook.
PORTFOLIO: SELECTED PUBLICATIONS EDITED
- "An American Hedge Fund," Sykes.
- Company annual reports and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Forms 10-K and 10-Q variously for AMETEK, Amgen, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Mental Health Association of New York City, Rockefeller Brothers Fund, and Xerox.
- "Cooking Fresh from the Bay Area," McManus and Rickard.
- "Cooking Fresh from the Mid-Atlantic," McManus and Rickard.
- "Eating Fresh from the Organic Garden State," McManus.
- "Global Entertainment and Media Outlook, 2011-2015," plus the seven previous annual volumes, PwC, http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/global-entertainment-media-outlook/index.jhtml.
- "A Guide to Forensic Accounting Investigation," Golden et al., PricewaterhouseCoopers, http://www.pwc.com/us/en/forensic-services/publications/guide-forensic-accounting-investigations.jhtml.
- "Hopewell: A Historical Geography," Hunter and Porter.
- "Paralegal," Bernardo.
- "r&c worlds express," retail and consumer business series, PwC, http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/retail-consumer/publications/rc-worlds-july2010.jhtml.
- "Technology Forecast, " a quarterly journal, PricewaterhouseCoopers,
Bachelor of Arts in French and Spanish, Queens College
- Three 2011 American Graphic Design Awards for editorial excellence: http://www.gdusa.com/contests/agda11/types/se.php?x=CAT1611-EDT1610-EDT1612
Volunteer editor, pro bono editor, literacy tutor, high school career day seminar speaker, news recorder for the blind, other charities volunteer