WEB DEVELOPER Zanenetworks, Inc Silver Springs, MD
Jan. 2005–Oct.2007 & Aug. 2008 - Present
• Incorporated e-Commerce applications, form submissions, security plug-in, blogs, discussion forums, and Docman in content management websites.
• Installed and configured Content Management Systems - Expression Engine, Joomla, and Moodle including design of templates.
• Maintain multiple website’s content and updates.
• Manage all aspects of the development cycle of multiple online projects.
MySQL DBA IDT Internet Mobile Group-Zedge.net Newark, NJ
Dec. 2007 – July 2008
• Administer MySQL database servers for both production and R&D use.
• Configured Master/Slave architecture with High Availability.
• Define and implement procedures for building, deploying and maintaining database servers.
• Configured High Availability database systems utilizing Heart beat and Master Slave techniques in MySQL.
• Define and implement procedures for reporting, back-up/restore; fail-over and monitoring of databases.
• Optimize MySQL database performance.
• Created Cron jobs to ensure backups, clean up, and performance monitoring.
• Monitor database events and be able to troubleshoot and resolve database problems.
BUSINESS ANALYST BNY Mortgage Co. Brooklyn, NY
Nov. 2002 – Oct. 2005
• Gather and analyze business requirements, for both major system enhancements as well as smaller maintenance items, to automate processing or to improve existing business processes through interviews, documentation, and research.
• Consult with end users and business owners on the new system to gain vital feedback on the customizations necessary.
• Write detailed business specifications and technical specifications for all enhancements and new projects.
• Convert data from project specifications and statement of problem and procedures to create or modify online –based software.
• Analyze, review, and rewrite programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt program to new requirements utilizing ASP.NET, PL/SQL and ORACLE.
• Increased productivity of the group by creating a participatory environment.
PROGRAMMER/ANALYST BSA Advertising New York, NY
June 2000-May 2002
• Designed and programmed customized dynamic PHP websites for clients' Human Resource, Recruiting and Ad departments.
• Responsible for the administrative configuration and development of all BSA's websites.
• Spearheaded releases of production ready websites
• Converted current production software from executables to dynamic ASP web solutions. Created and maintained 6 online advertisement portfolios
• Designed, developed and supported server side platforms in SQL 2000 and MS Access
• Utilized stored procedures, COM objects and ADO to access multiple databases
• Configured and maintained over 15 websites utilizing IIS and MTS
SYSTEMS ANALYST/TECHNOLOGY & RISK ASSOCIATE Republic National Bank New York, NY 1997-1999
• Program Coordinator for development of software for the Consumer Lending Business.
• Wrote technical specifications for customized software
• Analyzed existing processes to improve workflow and efficiency based on analysis of current methods.
• Performed queries using FoxPro to collect risk analysis data on the bank's client portfolio.
• Created Crystal Reports for numerous applications using parameters and sub-reports.
• Created advanced presentations in PowerPoint and Visio. Provided desktop support for in house software.
• Recommended changes in credit policy that would reduce potential areas of risk based analyzing trends in the Consumer Credit Portfolio.
• Identified any potential opportunities for profitability.
University of Vermont Burlington, VT
B.A. Political Economics. 1994
New York University New York, NY
Systems Analysis 1998
ASP Web Development 1999
Object Oriented Programming 2001
Java 1 2002
Java 2 2003
Object Oriented Design 2005
Fundamentals of Graphic Design 2005
Analysis Using UML 2005
Learning Tree New York, NY
Oracle PL/SQL Programming 2003
ASP .NET 2003
MYSQL INC. New York, NY
MySQL High Availability 2008
Working knowledge of JAVA, XML, Linux, Unix.
Business analyst - Documentation of specifications and project’s lifecycle.
Develop websites in Content Management Systems - Joomla, Expression Engine, and custom engines.
Created Continuing Medical Education courses in Moodle.