Portfolio http://osenperilla.deviantart.com · Blog http://121jigovatios.blogspot.com/
Illustration · Storyboard · Comic · Concept Design · Animation · Pixel Art
Graphic Design · Page Layout · Video Edition · Blogging · Community Management
Highly creative and multitalented Graphic Artist who is passionate about illustration, media arts and technology. Has extensive knowledge with experience in multimedia, video and print design.
Is always eager for self-improvement, to learn new techniques in order to stay current.
Dynamic team player that takes initiative to contribute effective and creative solutions utilizing extensive technical knowledge. Exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills, willing to embrace and provide constructive criticism.
Detail oriented designer that utilizes good design theory and ethics in order to maximize the effectiveness of the
Manager / Owner – KAME HOUSE COMICS, Barcelona, Spain (2006-2009)
Created business plan and designed the commercial environment as well as the publicity campaign to promote the store. Carried out daily duties with focused attention to customer service. Developed loyalty and incentive programs without neglecting advertising sales strategies and the relationship with distributors.
· Brought into operation the store to fill a gap in the market.
· Successfully increased sales with marketing campaigns.
· Increased clientele and recurrent sales with loyalty programs.
· Established trusting relationships with customers and vendors.
Video Editor – FRAMES & PRODUCTIONS, Barcelona, Spain (2004-2005)
Captured video for non-linear editing using Premiere, integrated visual effects and composition plug-ins from third-party developers. Edited audio and improved defective recordings. In charge of DVD authoring of wedding and commercial reports. Designed DVD covers. Digitalized 8mm and other analog recordings.
· Developed an efficient work system to increase productivity.
· Introduced innovative and creative solutions to modernize the visual look of the reports.
Lay Out Designer – DUPLEX 2002, Barcelona, Spain (2003)
Produced a weekly real estate trade journal (68 to 100 pages) under extremely tight deadlines. Developed new layout systems that increased the quality of production and overall publication design. Provided proposals for logo and identity design for new advertisers. Retouched, enhanced images and scanned texts with OCR software. Exported final layouts to PDF for the publication print.
· Standardized layouts that avoided time loss and improved productivity.
· Provided new work methods to reduce time of production, like the use of OCR software.
· Trained the advertisers to send texts and images in the necessary dimensions and by the designated deadline.
Layout designer – EL DíA DE CORDOBA Newspaper, Cordoba, Spain (2001)
Designed the layout of daily newspaper and consulted with editors and journalists. Scanned, retouched, enhanced images and applied last-minute corrections. Prepared and sent final sheets to the printers.
Editor-in-Chief – CAMPUS DE LA UAB Magazine, Barcelona, Spain (2001)
Search topical issues for the magazine. Part of the editorial board to decide the content of the publication. Coordinated a group of 10 journalists to elaborate the news and reports. Corrected their texts to ensure that the work of each one blended to form a smooth final product.
Other experience: Illustrator for Vampiros de Mentes, 2002. Graffiti and Stage Designer for El Zoo d’en Pitus, TV3 (Calalunya TV). 2000. Contributor Journalist for Delta de Llobregat (Local newspaper), 1994-1995. Designer of Commercial Establishments Facades, 1993-1998. More details upon request.
TECHNICAL AND LANGUAGE PROFICIENCIES
Skills: Animation, Illustration (Computer & Hand-drawn), Commercial Design, Typography, Logo & Identity Design, Page Layout, Image Retouching & Enhancement.
Platforms: Mac OS X, Windows 2000/XP/VISTA/7.
Tools & Software: Photoshop & ImageReady; QuarkXpress & InDesign; Premiere Pro; Pinacle Hollywood FX, Boris FX & Boris Red FX; Adobe Audition; Adobe DVD Encore; 3D Studio Max; Toonz; Freehand; Dreamweaver & Arachnophilia; Microsoft Office.
English – Cambridge First Certificate B2 level (upper-intermediate)
Spanish – Native language
Catalan – Level C Certificate (advanced)
Japanese – Level 4 Yonkyuu (elementary)
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Bachelor in Journalism, 2001
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra (Barcelona), Spain.
· Animation Cinema & Video (25 hours). Servei d’Ocupació de Catalunya. E-learning. 2010.
· Web Design (350 hours). Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. Barcelona, Spain. 2002.
· Computer Graphics for Audiovisual Media (350 hours). Escoles Professionals Salesianes de Sarrià. Barcelona, Spain. 2001.
· Advance Design and 2D Animation (800 hours). CAST-INFO. Barcelona, Spain. 1998.
· Manga Drawing (72 hours). JOSO Comic and Visual Arts Center. Barcelona, Spain, 1998.
· Comic and Illustration (130 hours). Escola d’Amics de L’Art d’El Prat de Llobregat. Barcelona, Spain, 1997-1998.
· Illustration Processing (240 hours). CEAC Educational Center. Barcelona, Spain, 1997.
· Local Journalism (60 hours). Delta de Llobregat Newspaper. El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain, 1996.
· Video and Short Film Shooting (80 hours). La Capsa Contemporary Culture Center. El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain, 1994-1995.
· Graffiti (80 hours). La Capsa Contemporary Culture Center. El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain, 1994-1995.
· Video Creation (50 hours). Salvador Dalí H. S. El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain, 1992.