Objective: Energetic and highly skilled administrative assistant seeking part time employment at a company where my skills could be best utilized.
Self Employed June 2011 - Present
• Developed business plan and initiated start-up phase for new feature film project through personal production company, Ocotillo Heights Productions, LLC.
• Oversaw completion of pick up shots, wrapping of production phase and organization of the necessary junctures for the post production phase for the first feature film, Haven Hill.
• Continued videography work for weddings and corporate videos.
Sterling Medical Corporation Grant/Proposal Writer, Facilities Coordinator July 2008 - June 2011
• Provided national services to the Department of Veteran Affairs and other Government agencies.
• Served as facilities coordinator to ensure that new clinics or services met all requirements of the Government agency, including all subcontracted services.
• Assisted with interpreting the solicitation bids, completing candidate summaries, editing of all proposals, to ensure accuracy and compliance with FAR and other contractual clauses.
• Covered a wide array of duties, including salary survey generation, recruiting for support staff, gathering and organizing information necessary for creating the proposals, generating employment flyers to be distributed to employment offices and doing marketing outreach for newly opening clinics to generate awareness of clinic’s opening and services.
• Initiated and maintained correspondence with Government representatives including contracting offices, congressmen, senators and governor’s offices around the country.
Convergys Customer Service Representative November 2007 - July 2008
• Performed call center customer service through the EyeMed department, specializing in interpreting customers vision insurance plans and assisting them with plan interpretations, billing concerns and eligibility issues.
• Gained familiarity with medical insurance policies, developed skills in working with HIPPA practices & guidelines and formed techniques to successfully assist customers on a call center basis.
• Received accommodation for “Most Improved Handle Time”.
Allied Barton Security Security Guard October 2005 - October 2007
• Provided security guard services, where my daily routines consisted of patrolling facility perimeters, interacting with the staff and visitors of the building to create an awareness of security, completed sign in paperwork to ensure that all personnel and equipment entering and leaving the facility was properly documented.
• Worked as a Training Supervisor, training the new employees at the facility and making them aware of the procedures and site specific methods.
New York Film Academy June 2005 - July 2005
• Completed 6 week filmmaking program where I wrote, directed, produced and edited 3 16mm short films. Additionally, participated as Cinematographer, Assistant Cameraman and Key Grip in other student’s projects.
Northern Kentucky University August 1999 - January 2004
• Bachelor of Arts - English Literature and Writing with a minor in Psychology.
• Graduated with 3.4 GPA in area of major.
Fox 19 Studios May 2003 - July 2003
• Experience in writing for news programming & operating studio equipment (camera, lights, cables, etc).
eVENT Streams Media January 2002
• A company that specializes in utilizing audio and visual software for marketing purposes. Gained first hand experience in marketing & advertising.
• Writer, Producer, Director, Cinematographer, Camera Operator, Production Designer, Film Editor and Sound Editor of first feature film, “Haven Hill”
• Owner and sole operator video production business, specializing in film production and event videos, including weddings, birthday parties, corporate gatherings, etc. Member of Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce (May 2007)
Areas of Specialty in Business:
• Personnel Training
• Writing: Proposals, memos, agreement letters, information tracking modules, marketing tools
o (brochures, radio/newspaper/journal advertising, information booklets, resource guides)
• Research- Use of web based and library/archival resources and tools, reading for content and analysis across academic and professional disciplines
o (history, science, medicine, business)
• Working with research teams on multiple projects, data analysis, statistical research and incorporation, labor/market studies, community resources/grants
• Contract Management - Contract development & monitoring, assisted with subcontracting
• Customer Service - Advocacy program development, satisfaction surveys, outreach, marketing
• Outreach - Familiarity with Small Business Administration programs (women, vets, minorities, HUBZone, 8a, JV)
Areas of Specialty in Production/Audio-Visual:
• Pre-Production- Script/Screenplay development (story conceptualization, plot layout, script writing), Producing (gathering price quotes, budget preparation, creating a shooting schedule, planning casting calls, making casting decisions, negotiating with crews, developing waivers and contracts for cast and crew, contacting property owners to negotiate property usage for location filming)
• Production- Have experience as a director (working with cast and crew to bring script interpretation to the screen), camera operator (Canon XL-1S, Arriflex 16mm, Panasonic DVC Pro) Cinematographer (adjusting camera lenses and apertures to capture light for desired effects as well as working with set lighting, e.g. gels, barn doors, filters),
• Post Production- Editor (Final Cut Pro, AVID & AB Tape Editing), DVD Studio Pro (Menu mapping, chapter break set-ups)
• Miscellaneous- Set Dressing, Boom Operation, Production Assistant, 2nd Second Assistant Director, Production Designer
• Computer Skills: (Microsoft Windows environment, Mozilla and Office applications, including proficiency in Word, Works, Excel, Access & Power Point Expertise). Additionally skilled in working with Mac based computers.
• Photography, videography, printing, & publication services
• Technical Representative Services
• Specialized Studies and Analysis
• Research and Development
• Ability to type at 64 WPM