SHELUMIEL AIKIALAH BEY
9713 Medford Drive • St. Louis, MO 63136 • firstname.lastname@example.org
(314) 388-2819 (314) 435-1043 website: http://ceroni.org
Summary of Qualifications:
• Results-oriented individual with extensive experience in recruiting, administrative, human resources, and management.
• Self-motivated, self-directed, goal oriented and possess a high degree of adaptability to challenging and changing situations.
• Excellent at managing within time constraints, and excel at working as an integral part of a team with a “can-do” attitude.
• Possess strong negotiation, problem solving and analytical skills as well as strong time management and organizational skills.
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, University of Houston-Victoria, 1982
Associate of Arts, Communications, Victoria College, 1979
Upward Bound student at St. Louis University, 1977-1978
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Management and Advisory:
• Created “The Entrepreneur Project” and managed a team of consultants to instruct the Entrepreneur Training Course taught by HOMS and area Community Centers city-wide.
• Organized and planned new procedures for Community Arts and Media Project while active consultant for the Non-profit Group.
• Experienced Grant-writer, 501 (c) 3 (form) 1023 filer, Proposal Writer, By-Laws Creator and Curriculum Developer in numerous business development operations. Project Planner, troubleshooter, public relations supervisor, forecasting and operational management.
• Recovery Support Specialist and Anger Management Administrator
• Customer Service Skills Administrator and Job Readiness Coach
Computer Experience and Training:
• Established computer standards for group consistency by utilizing mainframe and PC-based applications such as Lotus, Data Base, and Windows
• Proficient Microsoft Program user, Excel, Word, Power point, Outlook, and Publisher.
• Graphic Artist able to create and copyright articles, brochures, newsletters, journals, and edit stories.
• Web-designer with experience in HTML
• Designer software includes Adobe, Corel, Paint, Java, Java Script and DRAW
HOMS (Helping Offenders Maintain Stability), St. Louis, MO 5/2009 - Present
Director of Training
• Created Training Programs to include Entrepreneur Training, Customer Service Skills Training, Anger Management, Managerial Training and Program Development.
• Coordinator and Administrator of the Youth Development and Job Training Program for at-risk and troubled youth.
• Developed a Therapeutic Drug Treatment and Recovery Support Program for Offenders and Recovering Addicts.
• Administrator of Case-Management Training
• Facilitate and Supervise Entrepreneur Training Classes and Job Development and Placement.
Young Business Leaders of St. Louis, St. Louis, MO 01/2007 – 5/2009
• Lead the Board of Directors in developing the events and programs to attract new members.
• Brochures, promotional literature and publications were developed from own ideas
• Scheduled and attended the meetings of various groups within the business community.
• Helped the board in designing and execution of projects to encourage tourism, trade and industry.
• Conducted all writings, gathered data, published and distributed monthly newsletter.
• Maintained and developed on- going data base on community organizations, existing members, Chamber committees, media contacts and tourism related businesses.
• Program’s web site and community calendar are also maintained distributing the information through web site, newsletter and news media.
• Maintained excellent relationships with other economic development and county government entities.
The Builders of Life Restoration Center, LLC, St. Louis, Missouri 01/2005 – 01/2007
As Director, I developed community-based programs that include job-training and job-readiness for ex-felons and juveniles at-risk. Wrote all proposals and developed each budget for the entire partnership that consists of 5 organizations making up “A Partnership for Community and Youth Development”. Established relationship with corporations and other philanthropy organizations to partner with BOL for jobs and skills training for individuals being released from prison, children at risk and socially disadvantaged families in urban and rural areas. This includes developing budgets, organizing boards and liaisons from The Department of Probation and Parole and The Juvenile Courts.
Ceroni’s Consulting & Management Services LLC, St. Louis, Missouri 02/2005 – Present
Provide executive leadership for Consulting Service with two district offices.
Lead operations as Chief Consultant and Account Executive landing contracts with area businesses, academic institutions, and commercial development agencies. Provide entrepreneur studies in group sessions and individual one-on-one courses. Provide cross-functional management; direct two vice-presidents CEO& COO, three district managers, and general oversight of 25 independent consultants.
? Created a more responsive and market-driven organization resulting in increased sales and landing 15% more contracts.
? Opened new marketing channels
? Developed and introduced new marketing tools and programs including the Entrepreneur Project, the International Sales Association and the Mentoring Project.
The City Youth Foundation, St. Louis, Missouri 07/2002– 05/2006
• Handled overall coordination of recruiting, hiring, benefits, record keeping and inventory control, including supplies, fixed assets, vehicles and insurance, retirement plan, health and risk insurance for the agency
• Handled all ads necessary for recruiting qualified staff
• In charge of recordkeeping and updating personnel policies and procedures
• Responsible for all employee benefits, including retirement and insurance plans; for all insurance programs, due dates, and renewal information; assessment of needs as required by law; and staying aware of, and handling, any risk factors having to do with insurance plans
• Performed employee counseling and staff development training
• Attended unemployment hearings and kept abreast of all changes in personnel laws
• Acted as a public relations speaker for the agency
• Developed an employee recruitment and incentive program and developed and wrote two personnel manuals
• Visionary Leadership • Organizational Restructuring • Risk Management
• Public and Media Relations • Budget/ Sales Forecasting • Curriculum Designing
• Project Developing • Brochure Developing • Program Designer
GRANT WINNING, EVALUATIONS, and ADMINISTRATIVE ACHIEVEMENTS
Won grants for the following agencies:
1. The City Youth Foundation, St. Louis, Missouri, Summer-Camp Program for at risk youth.
2. Youth Awareness Program, St. Louis, Missouri, Substance Abuse Assistance
3. NovaSource, Inc., St. Louis, Missouri, Job Training and Social Skills Training
4. Life After Prison, St. Louis, Missouri, Offender Re-Entry
5. East St. Louis Regional Vocational System, East St. Louis, Illinois, Community Development Services.
6. HOMS (Helping Offenders Maintain Stability), St. Louis, Missouri, Entrepreneur Training.
Evaluated Programs and Grants for the following agencies:
1. The Builders of Life Restoration Center, St. Louis, Missouri, Gang Prevention and Intervention.
2. Youth And Adult Programs, St. Louis, Missouri, Recovery Support for Offenders
3. Youth And Adult Program, St. Louis, Missouri, Offender Re-Entry
4. Hagar’s House Recovery Support Services, Job Readiness and Support
5. Youth Awareness Program, St. Louis, Missouri, Transitional Living
Administrative Experience with the following agencies:
1. Interim Executive Director (2002-2004), Youth Development Project Director, The City Youth Foundation, St. Louis, Provided leadership that led agency from a social organization to a fully established Business Leadership and Talent Research Institute for the Arts.
2. Associate Admissions Director for Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas, launched state-wide recruiting initiative 1982.
1. Project Developer, grant writer, chairman of youth initiative, member of Organizational Development Committee, A Partnership for Community and Youth Development, St. Louis, Missouri.
2. Co-Chair, The Builders of Life Restoration Center, St. Louis, Missouri 2005-Present
3. Co-Chair, LUBAN (Let Us Build A Neighborhood), Berkeley, Missouri, 2008-Present
4. Volunteer, St. Louis Family Courts-Juvenile Division, Detention Center, 2003-2006.
5. Board Member, St. Louis Job Corps, SIC Board, 2004-2005
6. Chairman, The Young Business Leaders of St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri, 2007-2009
7. Program Evaluator, The Moorish Science Temple of America, Inc. Branch Temple #75, St. Louis, Missouri 2009
8. Project Developer, The Urban Mixer, St. Louis, Missouri, 2009
9. Consulting Director, Saved Girlz, St. Louis, Missouri 2009
10. Consulting Director, From Girls 2 Women, St. Louis, Missouri 2009
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Service Award, 27th Ward Aldermanic Committee, St. Louis, Missouri 2008
Service Award, 3rd Ward Aldermanic Committee, St. Louis, Missouri 2007
Appreciation Award, St. Louis Job Corps, 2007
National Service Award, Epilepsy Foundation 2005
Certificate of Appreciation, St. Louis Department of Parks and Recreation 2004
Certificate of Recognition for “Outstanding Leadership” St. Louis Family Courts-Juvenile Division, 2004
Service Award, Student Government, University of Missouri-St. Louis, 2003
Entrepreneur Award, Young Business Leaders of St. Louis, 2002
Co-author with John Santiago “challenges of social marketing”, Victoria Advocate, 1981.
“What About My Brother” the reality of urban annihilation, St. Louis Globe-Democrat, 1983.
“What We Do for Each Other”, mutual obligation as members of the Human Race, On Blast, 2009
Moorish American Entrepreneur Association (2002-Present)
Young Business Leaders of St. Louis (2004-Present)
Board Member, Community Arts & Media Project
Board Member, Victims’ Scholarship Foundation
SIC Board, St. Louis Job Corps
Board Member, Builders of Life
Board Member Life after Prison
Board Member Save our Children, Inc.