• Experienced in writing feature articles, short stories, biographies, essays, editorial pieces, research reports, and creative print ad copy.
• Well versed in copyediting, transcription/editing of interviews, and proofreading.
• Strong technical command of the English language; serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published word.
• Competent and thorough researcher, interviewer, and reporter.
Freelance Writer 1994-2010
• Developed and composed articles for magazines, newspapers, and trade publications.
• Designed and wrote copy for brochures, letters, and marketing materials for local businesses.
Editor, The First Edition, Roswell, Georgia 2000-2003
• Responsible for the production of monthly 12 page church publication.
• Coordinated story idea generation and development for all features.
• Wrote monthly column.
• Conducted all relevant research and interviews.
• Oversaw all layout, design, proofreading and editing volunteers.
• Coordinated monthly features with Website volunteers.
Ensign, NOAA ship RESEARCHER – Miami, Florida 1982-1983
• Supervised and assisted with deep-sea oceanographic research projects.
• Composed and edited reports to appropriate governmental and educational agencies.
Sunday School Teacher 1991-1992
• Assisted in curriculum development for specialty classes offered to students grades 6-12.