• Received Bachelor of Arts in English with two years of professional related experience
• Authored literary pieces ranging from analytical research to creative poems
• Experience in receiving, interpreting and executing creative direction
• Exemplary in researching, grammar, editing, professionalism and communication skills
• Experience in creative selection process for publication
• Experience in collaborating in teamwork with other writers and superiors
Freelance Proofreader March 2011 – June 2011
(A local publishing company that provides authoritative and engaging reference resources to libraries and schools)
• Proofread for sense and technical aspects for The Thanksgiving Book
o Non-fiction, historical reference of Thanksgiving history
o Collection of articles, poems and cultural references
• Honed communication skills by working directly with Editor-in-Chief
• Delivered quality draft in time with printer’s schedule
• Enhanced proofreading skills based on a specific audience
Publishing Editor July 2010 – May 2011
University of Michigan Dearborn
(A student organization dedicated to producing content for the literary and fine arts journal, Lyceum)
• Developed a process to organize, sort and archive submissions
• Judged over 150 literary submissions from U of M students and submitted accepted pieces to Editor-in-Chief for publication
• Followed up with submitter’s after initial communication
• Developed collaboration skills by communicating feedback
• Promoted Lyceum journal via online blogging and twitter, in-person public announcements, and flyers
Production Assistant July 18th- July 28th 2011
New York, NY.
• Contributed to layout of stage and props for an array of events.
• Worked with multiple facets of the production team gaining insight on whole operation.
• Communicated directly with clients through explanation of events and event goals/functions.
• Exceeded in completing different tasks throughout the day, working directly with group leaders in order to best evaluate time management.
University of Michigan Dearborn, Dearborn, MI.
• Bachelor of Arts in English May 2011
• GPA 3.3