(Dual Citizen of Mexico and Canada)
Robson St, Vancouver, BC,
Professional filmmaker with 10 years of experience on pre-production, budget managing, and work force coordination for films; set and prop design; lighting and equipment management for films, commercial publicity, educational and corporate video graphic productions. An all inclusive teamwork leadership style, with strong communications and technical skills. Talent to create good relationships and networking always oriented to improve efficiency and results. Abroad working experience in multicultural environments.
Professional work experience:
Lorne Lapham Sales & Rentals(Vancouver, Canada) 2012- Current Full time
--- Rentals Consultant/technician and sales agent:
• Promoted and sold new professional film and photographic equipment products to Industry buyers/renters, increased sales and rentals contracts.
• Gave technical support and training for film/TV industry professionals in the effective use of the latest tools i.e. Cameras, Lenses, lighting, sound gear and postproduction tools.
• Managed gear and trouble shoot for 3 to 5 film productions every month.
Rouxbe.com (Vancouver, Canada)- October 2007 to 2009
And ongoing contract work
• Director of photography, camera operator, post-production editor,
• Sound recorder/editor, color correction,
• Photographed, edited and color corrected more that 200 instructional cooking videos.
• Marketing and Promotion: Reach out of potential clients trough visual, printed and on-line media i.e. Facebook, twitter, you tube, etc.
University of Monterrey (Monterrey, Mexico) 2000-2003
• Teacher assistant/Producer:
Assisted and mentored more than a hundred student productions in
Documentary film classes, educational and corporate videos classes.
Production manager and programmer of the TV channel content at the University of Monterrey.
Viejo Chile Productions (Vancouver, Canada)- Own Video/film production business since 2007:
• Freelanced as director of photography, photographer, camera operator, video and sound editor for documentaries, corporate and educational videos, websites sports photography, short films, future films, commercials and music videos.
Vancouver Film School 2005 - 2011 Full time/Contract.
• Instructor: “Short Documentary” Instructor to a 40 students class. Mentored for art directing workshops, actor directing workshops, short script classes, as well as sound and lighting for digital video classes.
• Promotion/Marketing: Reached out more than 200 students nationally and in Latin American countries.
• Operations Assistant: Administration, production managing, rental and maintenance of film equipment for students and staff.
-Managed gear and trouble shoot for 2 to 3 short film productions every month.
-Developed new infrastructure for rentals and managing for the Art Department at VFS i.e. Building and maintenance of sets and studios, categorizing and organizing of props and practical lights, transportation and safety on sets, as well as the effective use of tools.
(Other education non-related to media available on request.)
University of Monterrey
Communications Sciences Degree Graduate 2001
Specialized in Media Production, Design and Journalism.
Vancouver Film School
Film Production Post-Graduate Diploma 2006
Vancouver Film School
WHIMIS certification for safety on film sets - 2006
High Definition Digital Video Technologies – 2008
IATSE 669 (local Vancouver union) Trainee Program
for camera assistants and camera operators – 2010
University of British Columbia
Script writing for film –2007
Simon Fraser University
Writing for Stand-up Comedy - 2010
TALENTED DOCUMENTARY FILMMAKER.
- University of Monterrey’s
- Investigation Linked to Teaching award;
- 1st place for Investigation and Documentary film (Chavivanej, 2001)
- -Rigoberta Menchu Tum Award,
- Honorable mention for social conflicts and human rights film production. (Chavivanej, 2001)
-II Hispano-American film festival
“All Voices Against Silence”;
- 4th place in all Hispano-America and two honorable mention for content and editing (Chavivanej, 2001)
“Cineacción Latino Film Festival”
- San Francisco, California.
- Best of the Fest award (Chavivanej, 2001)
- ANUIES Award
- (National Association of Universities of Superior Studies)
- 3rd place in Latin-America for Political and Social Investigation and Film Production (Chavivanej, 2001)
(Information and Communication National Council)
for Cultural Radio Shows: “Mexico Mágico”, and “Interpretando al Cuento”.
Knowledgeable on the latest Digital HD Video, digital DSLR photography, sound, lighting and post-production tools for film making:
Cameras: Canon 5D MII & MIII and other DSLR series like 60D, 40D,30D etc. SLR 35mm Film Camera Series, C-300, C-500. Sony F3 and EX1 & 3 series, Arri Alexa, RED, EPIC, Scarlet. Panasonic P2-HD Studio and Filed Cameras, Arri 16mm and 35 mm Motion film Cameras.
Lighting and Grip: Experienced Key Grip/Gaffer, knowledgeable in the use of HMI lights, Fresnel and Kino Fixtures, LED light, Dollies and camera cranes, Steady cam systems, as well as studio photographic gear (Pothoflex, Broncolor, Helinchrom, Hensel, Profoto.etc)
Sound systems: Field boom microphones and wireless lavaliere systems. Sound recording digital and analog systems ie. T744 Sound Devices Mixer/recorder, H4N, Nagra magnetic tape sound recorder, studio microphones for VO ie. Oktava Mic.
Video and Picture Editing systems: Mac and PC based AVID, Final Cut Pro, Premier After FX, Photoshop, Aperture, Light room, etc.
Broadcast and Assistant Camera devices: Live Switchers for broadcast and live television. Wireless monitoring, video assisting and communication systems ie. HDMI Wireless HD Transmitters, Wireless Genus Tech Follow Focus Systems for Cameras or Cranes, HMI intercom systems for sets and events, steadicam stabilization systems, and underwater casing use for digital cameras.
OTHER SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Experienced in communication and conflict resolution techniques
(In Hospital settings) with effective communication skills.
Sales experience with competent costumer service abilities.
Creativity and proven ability to identify unique opportunities to increase revenue and profit.
Time-efficient, multitasking abilities and positive attitude under any work conditions.
Ability to adapt fast to other cultures, and languages.
Team player, capable to work under pressure with or without supervision, self motivated to achieve the company goals.
English and Spanish proficiency
First Aid & CPR/AED Level C.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.