Self-Employed Freelance Writer/Technical Consultant/Technical Writer
2009 to Present:
* Self-employed contractor with wide-ranging experience in sales and marketing, writing procedures, training manuals, editing technical brochures, development of business plans, sales contracts, and complete ISO quality systems manuals.
* Established and implemented written documentation, business plans, business grants, capital equipment justification based on need and return on investment, detailed statistical interpretation of empirical data for business reports, and compiled appropriate content for both a written quality and business documentation.
* Business and corporate writing and designer of a wide range of business materials, including sales brochures, newsletters, work instructions, annual reports, and marketing analysis data.
What I Do?
My writing experience includes the following:
Business and Technical:
Complete ISO Quality Systems
Proposal Requests (RFQ,RFP) Profit and Non-Profit Grants
Complete Business Plans
Sales and Marketing
Business Website: http://themovinghandwrites.com
Position: Business Unit Manager/Asia Operations
* Maintained offices located in Taipei, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Shanghai, China. Responsible for contract manufacturing, international sales and marketing, supply chain management, implementation of both quality and business systems, and program/project management.
* Wrote, edited, maintained training manuals, internal best practice documents, and audited procedures for compliance to following quality standards:
* ISO 9000-2000/2008
* AS-9000 B and C
* ISO 14001
* ISO 13485
* ISO 16949
* Extensive manufacturing experience in the following disciplines:
* ISO Quality Systems
* Sales and Marketing
* Project Management
* Medical Components
* Thermo-Plastics/ Liquid Crystal Polymers
John R. Daly was born in the Bronx borough of New York City. When John was 12 years old, his family moved to Palo Alto, California where John spent his grade school years, college, and early adult life.
John spent his business career in senior management positions where he has focused primarily on International Sales, Marketing, and Business Administration.
Before starting his own freelance writing career in 2009, John served as the Director of Asian Manufacturing Operations (1992-2009) for a Fortune 500 manufacturer. In this position, he was responsible for establishing integrated contract manufacturers, international sales and marketing, supply-chain management, quality/business systems, and program/project management. His principal business office was located in Taipei City, Taiwan with branch offices located in Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai, and Lyon, France.
With over than three decades of business organizational and management experience, John has developed the right skill sets to put in place a determined and focused business organization. As an entrepreneurial individual, John is currently building his own successful consulting and freelance writing business.
Education: B.S. in Business Administration San Jose State, San Jose CA.