Summary: I have over 10 years of administrative experience working with students, faculty and clients in need of services. I enjoy sharing knowledge and working with others to achieve specific goals, and resolving queries in a methodical manner.
2/11 – Pres. Program Administrator Columbia University, Dept. Biomedical Engineering
• Provide organizational, administrative and financial services for multiple research programs
• Manage a $2 million dollar budget for the Laboratory of Stem Cells and Tissue Engineering
• Coordinate J-1 and H1-B visa applications for new hires, process employee transfers and terminations
• Research employee issues regarding payroll and benefits questions and work with appropriate departments to resolve inquires
• Maintaining web site and project database
• Preparing quarterly financial reports and monitoring and reconciling budget
• Assist with preparing grant proposals, progress reports, renewals and terminations
08/98 – 1/11 Administrative Assistant Columbia University, Dept. of Genetics
• Assist in recruiting graduate students, answer applicant inquires, set up interviews for applicants, schedule applicant interviews and make travel arrangements for applicants being interviewed.
• Organize academic seminars for students, visiting and departmental faculty.
• Maintain database for current students, Ph.D. applicants and alumni.
• Set up qualifying exams and Thesis Research Advisory Committee meetings.
• Coordinate departmental courses and annual departmental retreat.
• Assist in preparing the submission of grant applications, progress reports, renewals and terminations.
• Maintain and update departmental website.
• Assist in preparing PAFs (Personnel Action Forms) for new hires, appointments and terminations.
• Preparing quarterly expense reports for faculty.
Microsoft Word, Excel, SPSS, PowerPoint, FFE, Macromedia Freehand, STATA, Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Contribute
• Master of Arts, Columbia University, Psychology major
• Bachelor of Arts, New York University, Fine Arts major
• School of Continuing Education, Fashion Institute of Technology, Illustration Major
• French, Creole
• Local 1199 / Joseph F. Tauber Scholarship (1994-1996)
• Health Coordinator (p/t), National Guitar Summer Workshop (7/1/07 - 8/15/07)
• Research Assistant, New York State Psychiatric Institute (1997-1998)
• Editorial Intern, Sportswear International Magazine (1994-1995)
• Notary Public, First Aid / Adult CPR, Sponsored Projects Research Administration