• Costumer service representative for the videogame company SleepyGiant, forum moderator, translator Italian/English and English/Italian on a daily basis. (2/2012-7/2012)
• Translation from English into Italian of historical research paper for professor E. Muir, Department of History, Northwestern University.
• Translation from English into Italian of: birth certificate documents, school transcripts of high school, college and graduate schools.
• Translation from English into Italian of subtitles for the movies Highlights, and Taco Mary written and directed by Mary Novak, for the Salento International film festival.
• Translation from Italian into English of private letters from family members and contracts.
Oakton Community College, Skokie, Illinois September 2007-present
• Planning and developing syllabi as well as lesson plans.
• Participating in the interviewing and hiring process of Italian instructors with the chair of the Modern Languages Department to
• Teaching beginner and intermediate Italian language classes during the school year as well as during summer time
• Advising the students Italian club in organizing activities and events.
• Presenting at the annual International Film festival for the Italian section.
University of Cà Foscari, Venice, Italy March 2010 -present
• Taught as Online instructor for the Graduate School ITALS (Teaching and Promoting Italian as second language). Subject of teaching: Introduction to Linguistics.
• Mastered the online platform of the school, planning lessons, activities, resources for students
• Developed specific handouts to be shared and used by different instructors employed by the school.
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 2006-2011
• Taught beginner classes of Italian as full time lecturer for the French and Italian Department
• Researched on second language acquisition, applied linguistics, intercultural communicative skills.
• Presented at annual conferences nationally and internationally
• Translation of historical research paper for the Department of History, Northwestern University. Other translations jobs include: birth certificate documents, private letters, school transcripts as well as Translation of subtitles for the movies Highlights, and Taco Mary written and directed by Mary Novak, for the Salento International film festival
• Researched for the Art History Department, collecting data from Latin books.
• Coached for the Italian language in the play Light in the Piazza, directed by Joe Leonardi, at the Marriott Theatre, Lincolnshire Drive, Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Ohio University, Athens, OH 2005-2005
• Taught classes of beginner and intermediate Italian as full time lecturer for the Modern Languages Department.
• Taught classes of beginner Latin for the Classics Department.
Language Stars School, Chicago, IL 2004-2005
• Taught Italian as a foreign language to kids from 1 to 10 years
• Prepared and organized materials for daily classes
• Contributed to develop lesson plan and cultural activities
• Advised families on Italian language and culture
Concordia Language Villages, Bemidji, Minnesota Summer 2003
• Developed the syllabus and curriculum for the first year of the Italian camp as curriculum Facilitator
• Coordinated and advised the group of language counselors.
State Archive in Piacenza – Italy 2003-2004
• Responsible for reordering and selecting XVI-XVIII century manuscripts, in particular, the ones related to one of the eldest families of the Ducato di Piacenza, (i.e. the medieval citadel of Piacenza.)
• Archival duties of old hand written manuscripts such: reading and transcribing, labeling, reordering, filing, and inserting data into digital programs.
Archive of the Cathedral in Piacenza – Italy 2002-2004
• Responsible for handling and archiving XVI-XVIII century manuscripts of the Cathedral.
• Archival duties of old hand written manuscripts such: reading and transcribing, labeling, reordering, filing, and inserting data into digital programs
PhD candidate, Linguistics, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI.
MA Linguistics - Northeastern Illinois University- Graduation by December 2011
MA ITALS-Teaching and promoting Italian language an culture- University of Ca’ Foscari-Venice, Italy-(2007)
Certificate of Completion: Italian 397, Special Topics in Italian Teaching with Technology and Media. – De Paul University – Chicago (2006)
Diploma in Archivistica -Institute of Paleography, (2003)
Primary field: Archivist Sciences and Diplomatic – State Archive of Parma
Laurea in Storia dell’Arte Medievale-Università degli studi di Pavia, Italy. (2001) (Evaluation by WES World Education Service as Master Degree)
Booklet of language exercises based on Italian movies, as part of the Collection Quaderni di Cinema, by Guerra Edizioni- La famiglia, (E.Scola) ISBN: 978-88-557-0261-4, No. of pages 32, Language level: intermediate/advanced (B1/C1 European portfolio). http://www.guerraedizioni.com/cerca.cfm?autore=Bonfatti%20Sabbioni,Maria%20Teresa
Il cinema in Versione interculturale nella classe di Italiano (Cinema in intercultural perspective in Italian language class), Italica, Journal of Italian language and literature studies. Volume 86, Number 1, Spring 09. Pg. 105-122.
Attività di intercultura nella classe di lingua (Intercultural activities in a language class)SELM (Scuola e Lingue Moderne), ELI, 4-5, year XVL 2007, pp.58-61 Journal of Modern Language teaching theories and practice
Precisazioni sulla Chiesa Cattedrale di Bobbio – Piacenza (About the Cathedral church of Bobbio) (in Bolletino Storico Piacentino” pp. 277-309, Tipleco, Piacenza, Anno XCVII, Fascicolo 2, luglio-dicembre 2002 - Annual history review. (Historical research on the Medieval Architecture of the Cathedral of Bobbio – Piacenza)
Articles for Exhibart online, (http://www.exhibart.it) Andy Warhol-Supernova, Chicago, MCA. (5/6/06), Cezanne to Picasso (14/03/07), Art Institute, Robert Heinecken (22/2/07), Museum of Modern Photography, Columbia College, Rudolf Stingel, MCA (27/5/2007), Jeff Koons, MCA, (21/9/2008)
? Italian: native speaker
? English: Speaking, listening, writing, reading: very good
? Classic and Medieval Latin: very good
Professor of Linguistics
Northeastern Illinois University,
Associate professor of Italian,
Dept. of Modern Languages - Gordy Hall
Ohio University, Athens, 45701
Chair of the Modern Languages department
Oakton Community College, IL
Office: LWH-3070, Northeastern Illinois University
Phone: 773-442-5877, Fax: 773-442-5674,