University of King’s College
Masters of Journalism June 2011 – Present
Bachelor of Journalism September – April 2010
Bachelor of Arts (History/Psychology) 2004 – 2008
Experience: The Shambhala Sun June – August 2011
• Published news stories for the foundations new website; Mindful.org
• Edited long form narratives from our contributors.
• Published editorial content.
• Effectively conducted interviews with members of the mindful community.
Experience: The National Post April – 2011
• Effectively pitched ideas to newsroom editors.
• Wrote articles for the Arts, Toronto and National sections of the paper.
• Skillfully covered events around Toronto including a rally in Dundas Square, a press conference at Ontario Place and the royal wedding.
Experience: Openfile Halifax November 2011 – Present
• Pitched story ideas to editors.
• Created multimedia stories.
Experience: UNews.ca (King’s) November – December 2010
Writer, Assignment Editor, Managing Editor
• Regularly covered university related topics.
• Created and edited video and audio content for the website.
• As managing editor, copyedited all stories before posting them to the website.
• Created multimedia content including online polls, maps and timelines.
• Had an article picked up by the CBC.
• Freelanced an article for The Chronicle Herald.
Experience: The McGill Daily 2004 – 2008
News Writer, Culture Writer
• Wrote news and culture articles.
• Conducted interviews.
• Used InDesign to layout paper.
Experience: The Red Herring 2004 – 2008
VP, Editor, Writer
• Published satiric articles.
• Created overall look for the magazine using InDesign.
• Conducted a half-hour long radio promotion on CKUT 90.3 FM.
• Copy edited and published magazine five times a year.
• Ran Fundraising campaign for the magazine by holding twice yearly comedy shows featuring local standup comics.
• Final Cut Express
• HTML, PHP
References furnished upon request. • Ce résumé est disponible en français.