OBJECTIVE: To obtain a communications position utilizing my writing, public relations, media studies and coordination skills.
PERSONAL PROFILE: A media professional with an MA in Media Studies and more than 10 years communications experience specializing in writing articles, web content, press releases, newsletters, brochures, marketing materials, and video production scripts for various industries. Works well under pressure, thrives in challenging situations and displays strong leadership and motivational qualities. Enthusiastic, energetic and dedicates a high standard of commitment to all projects. Artistic and creative, transforming initial ideas into finished products and uses knowledge of the media and communications to manage, market, inspire, and work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
Writing/Public Relations and Marketing
- ARTICLES - writes and edits various articles for the internet that educate and inform readers on various subjects including entertainment and health care.
- MARKETING MATERIALS - writes, edits, designs, and coordinates marketing materials including internet and intranet content, advertisements, brochures, and customer letters that sell products as well as inform audiences of new products and up-coming product and sales initiatives.
- NEWSLETTERS - writes via hard-copy and on-line, as well as coordinates, edits, and designs newsletters that motivate, inspire and educate readers.
- BROCHURES - writes, edits, and designs sales, informational and program brochures.
- PRESS RELEASES - writes, edits, and distributes press releases for newspapers, television, and radio stations of up-coming and past events, new product launches and other information that displays a strong and favorable image of the client.
- BIOGRAPHIES - writes interesting and historical narratives of people, places and company profiles.
- PROJECT COORDINATION - coordinates various departmental projects. Past projects have included Internet question and answer sessions on NJ.com between physicians and readers; print production; and videotaping and photo-shoots between outside companies and clients.
- MEDIA - pitches and follows-up cutting edge story ideas and special events with various media channels including newspaper, television, and radio.
- STRATEGIC ANALYSIS - assists in strategic plans for various new marketing, public relations and sales initiatives.
- MATERIALS MANAGEMENT - coordinates and tracks print production of sales, newsletters, brochures, and media kit materials.
- MASS MAILINGS - organizes and coordinates national mass mailings to researched markets.
- EVENTS - works with various vendors, design consultants, volunteers and staff to plan and execute creative, fun and successful fundraising and special events including balls, wine tastings, memorabilia auctions, physician recognition programs and galas.
- CAMERA OPERATION - basic knowledge of Betacam and digital video cameras.
- PHOTOGRAPHY - basic knowledge of 35 mm and digital photography. Specializes in the coordination of photography for special events and feature articles.
- PRE-PRODUCTION – experienced in creating shot lists, storyboards and creative conceptualization.
- POST-PRODUCTION - basic knowledge of both Beta and digital video editing with Avid and Final Cut programs.
- SCRIPTS - writes various scripts including narrative, music video and documentary.
- 2007 – Present MOMS Club Newsletter Writer/Editor MOMS Club of Marlton, NJ
- 2006 - 2007 Children’s Book Publicity Coordinator Running Press Book Publishers, Philadelphia, PA
- 2004 – 2005 Special Events Coordinator New Jersey Symphony, Newark, NJ
- 2004 – 2005 Principle Public Information Assistant University of Medicine and Dentistry, Newark, NJ
- 2002 - 2004 Public Relations Temporary The Creative Group, Paramus, NJ
- 2003 - 2003 Public Relations Temporary Manager ERA Real Estate, Cendant Corp., Parisppany, NJ
- 2000 – 2003 Public Relations Coordinator Atlantic Health System, Florham Park, NJ
- 1998 - 2000 Marketing Account Manager Prudential HealthCare/Aetna U.S. Healthcare, Roseland, NJ
- 1996 - 1998 Assistant Director of Development Planned Parenthood, Morristown, NJ
SKILLS: Computer skills including Microsoft Office, MAC, Quark, Adobe PhotoShop, Final Draft, Final Cut, and IMovie.
EDUCATION: MA, MEDIA STUDIES, New School University, New York, NY - 2005
BA, COMMUNICATIONS, William Paterson University, Wayne, NJ - 1992