SQL Programmer possesses strong T-SQL, SSRS, analytical and report writing skills and meets/exceeds customer expectations by delivering high quality products. Extensive experience writing T-SQL and Stored Procedures in a SQL Server environment.
Outcomes Health Information Services Nov 2010 - Present
SQL Programmer/SSRS Reports Developer
Developing SQL Stored Procedures and SSRS reports per customer specifications.
• Developing many reports for internal customers in a team environment. The team consists of a Project Manager, Business Analyst and internal customer representatives. All reports are created using SSRS 2008 and SQL Server 2005. 90% of the reports require stored procedures to be written while the remaining 10% come from existing code.
Computer Resource Center, Cumming GA May 2010 – July 2010
Developing SQL Stored Procedures and SSRS reports.
• Worked from customer specifications to generate SQL stored procedures and SSRS reports using SQL Server Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server Management Studio against a SQL Server 2005 database. Responsibilities included mapping data from database to desired reports to meet the customer’s needs. Successfully completed 35 reports in a nine week period.
Reed Construction Data, Norcross GA Oct 1999 – Dec 2009
SQL Programmer (2006 – 2009)
Participated in a small, highly effective development team that worked with internal customers and management to generated reports using SSRS and MS SQL Server 2000/2005. Generated SharePoint sites for various departments.
• Worked closely with management and users to generate reports and graphs using SSRS and MS Visual Studio and subsequently deployed reports to SharePoint report libraries. Many of these new reports allowed legacy systems and servers to be retired.
• Successfully completed a project ahead of schedule converting over 60 reports from Hummingbird BI reports to SSRS. This project allowed the company to move away from Hummingbird BI software saving the department $30K a year.
• Generated new SharePoint sites and report libraries as well as created/maintained User Groups as required.
• Created new SSRS reports and supplied ad-hoc data via SQL queries for users and management upon request.
Financial Programmer (1999 – 2006)
Involved in the full life cycle maintenance of the company's Order Entry / Collections software.
• Maintained the company's Order Entry and Collections legacy software which was written using Ingres Application By Forms (ABF). Primary task was to make all required modifications and additions as business requirements changed. Generated all necessary canned and ad-hoc financial reports. In 2006 when the financial software was migrated to PeopleSoft, responsibilities included writing ETL scripts and collaborated with the PeopleSoft developers to migrate all financial data from the Ingres relational database into PeopleSoft.
Financial Programmer (1999 – 2006) - Continued
• Worked closely with the Order Entry manager on special projects to gather data for analysis. This would include generating database views, UNIX scripts and ABF applications to allow the manager to select the specified data as needed.
• Developed and administered Hummingbird BI Query data models that enabled users to create ad-hoc queries and reports. These data models connected to Ingres, Postgres and MS SQL Server 2005 databases. Also responsible for the BI repository and communicating with Hummingbird Technical Support and working with system engineers to install new releases.
IBM, Greensboro NC Jul 1998 – Jun 1999
Maintain and improve UNIX legacy reporting scripts.
• Generated new UNIX scripts that would automatically run and log existing reports that were previously run manually.
• Wrote PL/SQL packages to migrate data from an Ingres database into Oracle.
Harris Semiconductor, Melbourne FL Jan 1984 – Jul 1998
Participated in a highly motivated, tight knit software development team supporting the Product Engineering department.
• Created a GUI application that tracked Product Engineering assignments significantly reducing the time for internal and external customers to quickly identify and contact the responsible Product Engineer(s). The application allowed Product Engineers to maintain their personal contact information and product lists.
• Successfully generated a Product Engineering web site using UNIX scripts that created HTML pages which allowed Engineers quick access to product data.
• MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 / MS Visual Studio 2005/2008 / MS Management Studio 2000/2005/2008
• SQL; T-SQL
• ETL – Using SQL and UNIX scripts
• 4GL Application Development
• SharePoint 2007
• Relational Database Design
• UNIX Bourne Shell, C-Shell and Korn Shell Scripting; AWK; SED
• Ingres ABF Development / Ingres report writer
• Hummingbird BI Software
• Visual Basic (very limited)
• MS Word / Excel
• AS Electronics Technology, Pasco-Hernando Community College
• Advanced Ingres ABF Application Development
• Advanced FrameMaker
• Introduction to SharePoint Development
• Introduction to Statistical Analysis