Years of experience creating impactful yet practical designs. Capable of big ideas while covering small details.Experienced in various roles from concept, layout design, pre-press and output. Proficient in design software. Comfortable with both Mac and PC platforms. Excellent communicator, highly effective working independently and successfully managing projects while consistently meeting deadlines. Recognized for increasing productivity and reducing costs by streamlining processes.
Finesse Graphic Design & Marketing, Mississauga, Canada Current
Working with multiple clients to create artwork from concept to brand guidelines and brand positioning. Focus is on innovative design solutions to build the client’s business image.
ADESA CANADA, Mississauga, Canada 2008 – 2012
Designed marketing and advertising materials including magazine Ads, brochures, postcards, flyers, etc. for use in print and electronic formats. Designed and managed web banner advertising programs for multiple websites.
• Successfully resolved significant backlog requests while meeting strict deadlines through effective time management and multitasking.
• Developed new processes for getting involved with sales planning sessions and customer engagement earlier on, resulting in increased effectiveness in projects.
• Received numerous internal and customer commendations on the quality ADESA Canada’s monthly advertising in various publications.
• Significantly reduced marketing costs (up to hundreds of dollars per month) by setting up a high value and low cost image library.
• Proactively contributed in evolving and maintaining the corporate brand image which led to streamlined and centralized management of promotions run by 14 auction sites.
• Consistently met deadline of design and distribution of a weekly electronic newsletter and regular HTML email broadcasts; including list segmentation, development of offers and creation of marketing copy.
ROAD TODAY PUBLISHING INC., Brampton, Canada 2007 – 2008
Graphic Designer, Road Today ‘Trucking’ and ‘Auto & Car’
Sole designer for 2 transportation magazines.
• Redesigned prevailing ‘Trucking’ magazine and established a fresh look.
• Entirely designed the newly launched ‘Auto & Car’, which included the art work for all the sections, deciding fonts, photos and page layouts etc.
• Designed most of the new print and web advertisements for these magazines, office stationery and promotional material, which resulted in excellent branding of the publishing house and more advertising orders for the magazines.
• Commended for strength in page layouts.
• Efficiently multi-tasked in handling of new initiatives while ensuring timely execution of current magazines.
THE PRINTING HOUSE (TPH), Oakville, Canada 2003 – 2007
Designer, Digital Operations
Managed the overall digital and offset print production, preparing files for printing and design.
• Excellent skills with applications enabled the branch to handle design projects from direct / indirect customers, adding net new business, improving customer loyalty, branch profitability and profile in the system.
• Assumed all the responsibilities of the Digital work well ahead of the 3-month probation period and received a promotion within 6 months.
• Recognized by Manager as being a quick and keen learner, a flexible team member, always willing to take on responsibilities above and beyond the job profile.
INDO CARIBBEAN, Toronto, Canada 2003 – 2004
Graphic Designer (Freelance)
Sole responsibility for newspaper design / layout, advertisements and pre-press.
• Dramatically improved productivity and savings by introducing better applications and streamlining processes.
• Commended by the editor / owner for the color correction results and improved design, which positively impacted the overall look of the newspaper. Recognized by the editor / owner for superior application skills.
“FLARE” MAGAZINE (Art Department), ROGERS MEDIA, Toronto, Canada 2002
Provided Graphic Design support to the Art Department team.
• Collaborated with the Art Director and suggestions were included in the Fashion pages.
• Commended by the “Art Director” for initiative and determination.
DUBAIQUIZ.COM (Accton Middle East), U.A.E. Dubai 2001
Web / Graphic Designer
• Designed a new look for the web site twice by changing the complete layout including animations and buttons.
• Launched a new section called “eKidmart” which was designed specially for children to shop online.
• In a constantly time sensitive environment, met the deadlines for creating the overall layout of the quiz pages.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
INDIAN EXPRESS PUBLICATIONS (MADURAI GROUP LTD), Mumbai, India - Graphic Designer
GIBCA FURNITURE INDUSTRIES CO. LTD., Dubai, UAE - Graphic Designer (Freelance)
MAIPO INDIA LTD., Mumbai, India - Graphic Designer
FLASH GRAPHICS, Mumbai, India - Animator
MUDRA COMMUNICATIONS, Mumbai, India - Visualizer
• BFA, Specialized in Applied Arts, First Division, Chandigarh College of Arts, Chandigarh, India
CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• Certificate Courses in Internet Site Design, Adobe Illustrator and Printing, George Brown College, Toronto, Canada, 2003
• Certified Course in Web Designing, First Division, Arena Multimedia, (Aptech India Ltd.), New Delhi, India, 2000
• 2D and 3D Computer Animation, First Division, Aptech India Ltd., Mumbai, India, 1996
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign in Creative Suite 5 and experienced in QuarkXPress, PageMaker, Flash, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, Outlook and MS Office