• Completely bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese.
• Experience in translating medical research papers.
• Solid Science background.
• Excellent IT and communication skills.
Relevant Qualifications and Training
• Qualified Teacher Status (Science/Chemistry): Bangor University, UK, 2004.
• PhD (Biological Chemistry): Newcastle University, UK, 1994.
• MSc (Physical Chemistry): Beijing Medical University, China, 1987.
• BSc (Chemistry): Nanjing University, China, 1984.
• IT Training (Computer Software Development): Division of IT and Computer Systems, Foothill College, California, U.S.A., 2001-2002.
• Freelance Translator/Interpreter and Chinese Teacher: 2008 – present. Translated several medical research papers from Chinese to English with excellent customer remarks on quality. Teaching Mandarin Chinese and creating teaching and learning resources. Small class and individual lessons. Learners are of all ages and at all levels with all purposes of learning including preparing for travelling to China and taking certification exams.
• Teacher and Headmistress: Cardiff Chinese School (Weekends), January 2006 – July 2010.
• Graduate Teacher (Science/Chemistry): Faculty of Science, Ysgol Brynhyfryd, Ruthin, Denbighshire, UK, May 2003 - March 2004.
• International Tour Coordinator (Chinese Section): November 1995 – February 1996, European Connoisseurs Travel, Bath, UK.
• Quality Control Technician: September 2010 - August 2011, PETIC, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, UK.
• Research Technician: May 2005 - March 2010, Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, UK.
• Postdoctoral Research Assistant: March 1996 - February 1997, School of Chemistry, University of Bristol, UK.
• Postdoctoral Research Assistant: August 1994 - August 1995, Département de Biologie Moléculaire et Structurale, CEA, Grenoble, France.
• Lecturer: September 1987 - October 1989, Department of Physical Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Beijing Medical University, P. R. China.
Peer-reviewed scientific publications and previous translation work are available upon request.