37 Castleton Avenue,
Staten Island, NY 10301
Seeking a responsible & challenging position in a company offering opportunities for personal contribution and professional growth, keeping abreast with the ever-changing technology & scenarios, and utilizing my knowledge & skills.
• Ability to present ideas in an effective manner
• Ability to solve complicated problems
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Creative with good artistic skills
• Extensive knowledge of design elements like color and composition
• In-depth knowledge of designing softwares
• Possess good organizational and management skills
• Expert in graphics designing softwares like InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Working knowledge of HTML, Dreamweaver, Flash and Microsoft Office
• Adobe certified Associate in Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Flash
• Awarded with the Best Quality Star of the Month, 3 times
• Received Best Designer Award
• Received Best Team Award for my team
• Many appreciation e-mails from clients
• Received Best Student Award in college every year
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Worked for one of the big four companies
• 7 years of extensive experience in visual & graphic design and desktop publishing
• Adobe Certified Associate in Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Flash
• Diploma in Web Designing
• Diploma in Print Designing
• Ability to produce a wide variety of graphics products including newsletters, business cards, letterhead, as well as a variety of training materials
• Proficient in Windows and Macintosh
January 2010 – Present Total Concept and Transcend language Services New York
Freelance Graphics Designer
Designed posters, catalogs, brochures and white papers. Responsible for all kind of marketing materials.
August 2005 – September 2009 Evalueserve, Inc. India
Senior Graphics Designer/Project Manager
For a US Tax, Audit and Advisory Firm:
Project Manager of 6 Design Associates.
My main role was to visualize, analyze and execute all projects assigned to the team.
My team was responsible for all printed materials, which included Brochures, Advertisements, Pamphlets, and the creation of charts in Illustrator.
Creating Designs of Magazines/Reports
Designed templates and managed the project team to provide page layout support with photo editing and illustrator arts for various Evalueserve projects. Also managed several similar projects for big consulting firms.
Designed a 400-page magazine for a US based consumer durables company within two weeks.
I was also responsible for ensuring overall quality and the timely delivery of all documents.
I also provided support for creating a newsletter for a healthcare firm. This involved extensive use of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop. Final output was high quality PDF for printing. All style guidelines were provided by the client in advance.
Creating Line and Landscape Drawings for Intellectual Property
Designed the line drawings for an IP department. These designs were provided by the client in softcopy; we traced the drawings using Illustrator software based on USPTO rules for patent drawings.
Working on client’s software and server to transfer real-time information
For a well-known Media Monitoring Agency, I worked with a team of 10 design associates responsible for clipping and editing news articles from various regional and national publications.
Overall Graphics Design Support
• Created advertisements and Campus Recruitment posters for Human Resource Department
• Designed template-backgrounds, logos, brochures, letterhead, business cards, banners, flyers and all types of promotional material
• Developed format for notebook materials, handouts and manuals for 20 different courses
• Designed departmental newsletters, brochures and events logos
• Handled various projects such as Designing of Journals, Preparing Brochures, Catalogues, Newspaper Ads, Magazine Ads, Annual Reports, and Magazines for Evalueserve and its clients
• Generated output quickly and with the required accuracy
• Provided manpower estimates based upon the design requests
• Managed workflow including deadline and milestone decisions
• Analyzing daily work reports, productivity reports, project summary reports, appraisal reports and concentrated on creative and process improvement
• Creative, dedicated and consistently meet deadlines
Training and Client Communication
• Completed training on publishing projects offered by a large US Client, and subsequently trained my team in India.
• Problem solving to effectively meet all deadlines.
• Suggesting alternative ideas and visual concepts to the satisfaction of clients.
• Managed client interaction through the project life cycle via Teleconferences, Net Meetings and Video Conferencing. Communications included feasibility studies, estimations and approvals, providing time-to-time visibility on projects’ progress, and final submission.
July 2004 – June 2005 Techbooks International Pvt. Ltd. (ISO CERT.) India
Techbooks is a Data Conversion company. I handled the graphics work for the financial group of the company.
I was responsible for re-creating the logos and the creation of graphs in Illustrator. I was also involved in image manipulation projects using Photoshop extensively.
April 2002 – June 2004 Core Competency Pvt. Ltd. India
Freelance Graphic Designer
Worked as a freelancer for the Core Competency Pvt. Ltd. company for 2 years and designed Business Cards, Brochures, Logos, Posters, Flyers and Invitation Cards for the company’s clients.
Graduate: B.Sc (G). BIO (2002) from Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, St. John’s College, Agra.
References available upon request.