I am a freelance editor with more than ten years' experience in the field, both here in Israel and abroad. I work with public institutions such as universities and hi-tech companies, as well as privately with professors, university students, and business executives. I edit documents on a variety of subjects, including business, economics, politics, sociology, psychology, education, medicine, history, film, music, and art. In addition, I handle cover letters, curricula vitae, and college application essays, and specialize in editing fiction and poetry. In May of 2011, my first book, a collection of poetry entitled "soliloquies of a crosswalker" was released by Wasteland Press, and my work is forthcoming in "The New York Quarterly".
I offer both proofreading and copy-editing services for the following types of documents:
- Business and administrative documents
- Undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral theses
- Academic essays and articles
- Grant proposals
- Speeches and presentations
- Cover letters and curricula vitae (CVs)
- College application essays
- Film subtitles
- Fiction and nonfiction
My clients have included professionals and students from the following organizations and academic institutions:
- The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), New York, New York
- Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, New York
- Parsons The New School For Design, New York, New York
- Cooper Union, New York, New York
- Hunter College, New York, New York
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, New York
- The Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, New York, New York
- The Harvard School of Design, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
- The Fulbright Association, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Buchmann-Mehta School of Music, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv, Israel
- The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
- Betzalel Academy of Arts and Design, Jerusalem, Israel
- Be'er-Sheva University, Be'er-Sheva, Israel
- The Interdisciplinary Center (IDC), Hertzelia, Israel
- Bar-Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
- Haifa University, Haifa, Israel
- The Technion, Haifa, Israel
- Tel-Hai Academic College, Tel-Hai, Israel
- Deloitte, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Embassy of Finland, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Ha’Poal Tel Aviv FC, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Channel 2, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Bank Leumi, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Elcam Medical, Kibbutz Bar-Am, Israel
- Naan-Dan, Kibbutz Dan, Israel
- YonWoo, Incheon, Korea
Here are some of my credentials:
- New York University (NYU) graduate.
- Native English speaker.
- Fluent in Hebrew and advanced Italian.
- Ten years' experience working as a freelance editor in NYC and abroad.
- Ten years' experience teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) both privately and in the classroom setting to students and adults of all ages in NYC and abroad.
- Three-time summer instructor of the course "Introduction to the History of Western Art and Civilization" at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) at the State University of New York (SUNY) in NYC.
- Editor of "The Future" in "Even Birds Are Chained To The Sky & Other Tales" (The Fine Line, 2011), winner of "Ha'aretz" Short Story Competition, 2014.
- Published author (Wasteland Press, 2011).
- Work forthcoming in "The New York Quarterly".
For more information, please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excellent references available upon request.