André B. Laird
2050 Felt Street
Huntington, IN 46750
T: (260) 224-3754
H: (260) 388-6267
• Passion for media and aspects of the industry; public relations, print, video, television, web and radio.
• Professional experience in print and broadcast media. Experience in film, radio and Internet.
• Strong work ethic with the ability to handle time-sensitive situations and meet deadlines.
• Professionally committed to excellence.
Reporter/Photographer, The Huntington County TAB, Huntington, IN
Currently, my responsibilities include proofing and re-formatting press releases, conducting interviews and writing feature stories on various subject matter. As a photographer, my photo assignments include shots for feature articles and various community and sporting events.
Promotions Producer, WANE-TV, Fort Wayne, IN
My duties included creating teaser commercials and weather bumpers for the mid-day and evening newscasts as well as station promos. Daily activities consisted of shooting and editing footage I personally shot, which I edited along with b-roll from reporters.
2000-2004. Huntington College/University, Huntington, IN. Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication: Broadcasting.
1999-2000. Suffolk County Community College, Selden, N.Y. Pursued an Associate of Arts degree in Journalism. Transferred after freshman year.
Computer and Communication Skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, HTML), QuarkXpress, iPhoto and Adobe Lightroom. Experience with Photoshop.
• Proficient in video-editing software Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, iMovie and iDVD.
• Comfortable working with Mac or PC applications.
• Accomplished writer, author and proofreader in multiple writing styles.
• Experience with film and digital cameras as well as video photography.
• Experience in social networking and the Internet, including Facebook, MySpace and Twitter.
September 2010-Present. McKenzie’s Hope Child Advocacy Center board member. Huntington, IN. The organization conducts investigations on child abuse cases with partnership with the Department of Child Services and the local Prosecutor’s Office.
Available upon request.