CATHERINE J COOK
New York, NY 10022
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST- ART DIRECTOR
Exceptional strengths in the creation of breakthrough, hardworking concepts and design that is not only unique, but gets results as well. Innovative and memorable ideas for all industries, with a refined sense of design. A daunting background in promotion of the arts, as well as consumer and pharmaceutical products and services, developing the message and branding through all media. Guides projects through every step of the process, either in partnership with a copywriter, or independently from concept to finish. A perfectionist who knows how to get the job done while managing expectations, needs, and aesthetics. Available for freelance, part-time or full-time position.
• US & Partners- Designed US logo, business cards, and website. New business pitches (ads& pkg design)
• Glass Roots- Designed campaign for “at risk” youth to interest them in a program of glass blowing. It got them off the streets by teaching them a craft which they could sell, instead of drugs and taught them business skills, and gave them a sense of pride in expressing themselves an art form.
• Paradise Card Café.com- Designed a website for e-greetings.
• The Utah Opera – Designed 3 posters for 3 operas and 3 fifteen-second television spots which won
“Best of Show”at Utah’s annual Advertising Awards.
• First Security Bank- Designed posters for The St George Marathon and Winter Games. Both were featured in Graphis Magazine and awarded nationally as well as locally.
• The Virginia Tanner Children’s Dance Theater- Designed Concert posters for the past 20 years.
• Weslo-Designed packaging for exercise equipment sold nationwide.
• Heublein- Designed packaging, advertising campaign and store display for a new drink, “JinJin”.
Designed print advertising concepts for Smirnoff and Sambucca.
EuroRSCG/Lally- Created advertising campaigns, logos, and branding for products from many Pharmaceutical companies, such as: Aventis, Wyeth, Sanofi, Pharma, Pfizer, and others. Launched new products, Lantis, Keppra, Allertine, Flumist, Nasacort, and created campaigns, logos and branding, sales aids, brochures, ads, convention displays for many others. A complete list of accounts can be provided upon request. New business pitches brought in 5 new accounts and over $10 million in billing. My work on new products often won additional new products for the agency, such as Allertine, Nasacort, Flumist and a project for Metamucil consumer. My campaign for Metamucil resulted, in being named P&G’s Pharmaceutical agency of the year.
• Lintas- Won International Mobius award for Television commercial for Johnson’s Baby Shampoo. Also developed television concepts for IBM, and Stayfree, Princess Hotels.
• Wells Rich Greene- Created 6 television campaigns for Sure Deodorant
• Young & Rubicam- Won “Best Print Ad” in the Art Directors Club for Oscar DeLa Renta Sunglasses, using a umique technique not previously done. Created ads for Princess Hotels, International Coffee, Stayfree and others.
•Case & McGrath- Named and created logo, packaging, award winning television commercial and store display for “Underalls”, the first pantyhose with panties. New York Times named it one of the year’s 10 best commercials. Worked on “A Chorus Line” and other theater posters. Created new candy bar ideas where I came up with the idea of the first granola bar as well as other packaging ideas for Nestle, and other new products.
• Utah State University- Assoc Professor for 2 years. Taught beginning and advanced courses in advertising, and graphic design (typography, corporate ID, and poster design).
Art Center College of Design BA- 2 year graduate program in Advertising Design (master’s equivalent)
University of Utah – BFA 5 year fine arts program