Robert A. Mackey
Fluent bilingual strategic sales and marketing professional with proven ability to develop, implement, and exceed planned sales goals and marketing objectives.
Quantas MaCarem Trading –Proprietary Trader - Self (2010- Current) Chicago, IL
· Strategically trading S and P mini Futures contracts according to trading plan, incorporating technical and fundamental analysis utilizing technical patter set ups, technical price divergence, Fibonacci retracements and extensions, 3-10 oscillator patterns with 10 day window on hourly and daily charts, b and c wave oscillators to determine overall trend with concurrent monitoring of Vix, /CL, Euro/Usd Futures, /DXY, and market internals such as $Trin, $Tick to determine market trend , entry and exit points, generating daily, weekly, and monthly alpha goals.
Country Financial –Bilingual Financial Service Representative (2008-2010) Chicago, IL
· Strategically targeting Hispanic business to business sales of 401k, 403b, commercial insurance, along with key focus in retirement planning, succession planning, and property and casualty insurance in order to build a well-diversified book of business.
· Executing with success current business plan objectives in areas of marketing, key relationship development, cold calling, prospecting, education seminars, and exceeding personal and company objectives.
W.W. Grainger – Bilingual Commercial Account Manager (2005-2008) Chicago, IL
· Implemented 2005 specific growth strategy within assigned predominately Hispanic territory to align personal sales based upon industry segmentation and focus solely on Grainger’s solutions with customers. Resulted in turnaround of negative -24% YTD trending, to positive year end finish of 104% to goal, or $1,535,000.
· Continually acted as interpreter between product providers (Miller fall protection, and Bradley, other) and customers to effectively render fall protection training and on site value added compliance audits. Additionally, translated customer relevant material from English to Spanish in order to effectuate easy communications regarding Grainger related context.
· Collaborated with internal and external partners to identify new business opportunities in key Hispanic accounts such as EL Milagro, Azteca, V and V Suprema Foods, whereby managed an average sales pipeline of $550,000, resulting in 2006 finish of 108% of goal, or $1,667,000.
· Identified and developed relationships with Grainger Corporate Account Executives and implemented corporate strategies with key decision makers in accounts such as Cintas, Clorox and Vulcan Materials, resulted in double digit corporate account growth of average 17%, 2005 to 2008.
· Developed, fine-tuned, and implemented with direct leadership new territory strategies outlining key factors to ensure consistent success and continued sales growth; resulted in ranking in top 2% in performance to goal within district for two consecutive years (05-06) and ranked within top 18% company wide; while maintained an “over goal” % average for entire career.
AAA Chicago – Bilingual Sales and Service Agent (2002-2005) Arlington Hts, IL
· Achieved overall company top 25% ranking for Automobile, Life Insurance, and Membership sales for 3 consecutive years, there by continuously ranked in top 5% for entire territory for each year with company with a predominate 50% Hispanic speaking customer base.
· Fielded and interpreted incoming calls from non-English speaking customers and the claims department, underwriting, and general customer service issues and resolved with the highest customer satisfaction.
· Targeted business to business sales of Auto Club group insurance, life insurance and group memberships, thereby achieving the coveted Heavy Metal Award Winner for selling the most new AAA memberships along with 40+ vehicles sold in the entire company for any given month time period.
· Spearheaded creation and development within AAA Motor club of a Latino/Spanish speaking agent program where by strategic bilingual marketing materials, ad campaigns, and ethnic specific leads could be passed, strategically marketed, and generated. Realized a 6.7% increase of monthly production from Spanish market concentration.
Amica Insurance - Bilingual Underwriting Representative (2000-2002) Lisle, IL
· Developed homeowner’s, auto, and umbrella insurance quotations for potential clients received through online leads, call-ins, and home shows conventions along with other underwriting responsibilities.
· Fielded and Interpreted incoming calls from non-English speaking customers and new business development, the claims department, underwriting, and general customer service issues while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction through effective communication, relentless follow-up, and customer education of general insurance concepts.
WMA Securities - Bilingual Senior Associate (1997-2000) Oakbrook, IL
· Acquired English and Spanish sales leads at this 100% commission career through cold calling, customer referrals, and developing customer relationships resulting in over 500,000 in monies under management in two years.
· Developed strong eclectic knowledge of financial industry including; life insurance, variable annuities, mutual funds, qualified plans, and mortgages; certified Franklin Covey First Things First facilitator.
· Provided comprehensive and personal analysis of financial information for individual clients in areas of debt consolidation, professionally managed assets, retirement planning, and estate planning.
Groupo Constenla - International Internship (1996-1997) San Jose, Costa Rica
· Lived, studied and worked abroad for equivalent of one entire trimester through Augustana College, demonstrated ability to adapt to, understand, embrace, and thrive in a completely different cultural environment and language.
· Attained in depth understanding of International Import/ Export process through internship at Groupo Constenla, focusing on channels of distribution, product acquisition, development of brand identity, and establishment and shift of consumer paradigm from fresh, time concentric cooking, towards quick, nourishing microwaveable consumables.
· Developed strong understanding of Latin culture, customs, work ethics, and perfected fluent comprehension of written and spoken Spanish language.
Augustana College – (1997) Rock Island, IL
Bachelor of Arts in International Business; Bachelor of Arts in Spanish
Licensed- Life/Health/Property and Casualty/LTC
Series 6 and 63, Illinois Department of Insurance