Grants Development & Administration Professional
Developing and administering operating and capital grants for more than fifteen years
Executive Director Oct. 2010 to Present
Duties include the development and administration of federal, state, foundation and corporate grants, including those administered by the Dept. of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women and Delaware Criminal Justice Council.
Consultant (Self Employed) Mar. 2009 to Present
Management Consultant, providing a range of services to nonprofit organizations and publicly funded agencies including funder research, grants development, needs assessment, program development, program evaluation, strategic planning and Board development. Developed many successful grant applications for Local Management Boards, Family Support Centers, Head Start and Early Head Start programs that funded early childhood education, youth mentoring, crime prevention, after school programming and substance abuse prevention projects.
Executive Director Mar. 1997 to Mar. 15, 2009
Upper Shore Aging, Inc.
Provided executive management to a 501(C)(3) corporation with a maximum annual budget of $3.6 million. Accomplishments/Achievements included:
• Successful development of operating and capital grants in excess of $22,000,000 over twelve years.
• Development and administration of federal DHHS/Administration on Aging, USDA Rural Development, Maryland DHMH, Maryland DHCD, Maryland Dept. of Aging and local government foundation and corporate grants that supported a wide range of programs.
• Development and administration of two Community Development Block Grants and two Maryland Department of Aging Senior Citizens Community Facilities construction grants.
• Master of Arts Degree (Organizational Management), University of Phoenix
• Bachelor of Arts Degree (Psychology), Washington College