Mobile: (352) 274-4157
Objective Professional Position
Profile • A 30 plus year career with diverse responsibilities.
• Goal-oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities.
• Organized, highly self- motivated, and detail-directed problem solver.
• Proven ability to work in unison with staff, community and clients.
Education Recycling coordinator certification, Florida Department of Environmental Protection
Additional recycling program training, University of Wisconsin Continuing Education Program
B.S., Psychology, Southwestern University
Grant writing training, Norton Kiritz, The Grantsmanship Center
Level I Training, Certified Public Management Program, Florida State University
US Small Business Administration Fastrac Program graduate
Relevant Experience & Accomplishments
• Successfully established graduate level program as University recruiter.
• Expanded program to three additional counties.
• Established university brand in community.
• Recognized as outstanding employee worldwide.
• Worked extensively with other colleges and universities in promoting higher education.
• Wrote grants, secured funding of more than $8 million for numerous community projects.
• Designed and developed website to include trademark for The 30 Minute Nonprofit™ online nonprofit training program.
• Wrote all training and other company presentations.
• Designed and implemented first curbside recycling program in Marion County
• Founding Executive Director of Marion County Public Education Foundation.
• Directed recruitment and retention of supervisors and staff of 30 employees.
• Trained, supervised and evaluated staff, coached improvement management skills.
• Successfully refined and implemented new projects.
• Developed annual budgets for numerous organizations
Employment Manager, US Operations, Next Generation Golfer, iGolftv
• Developed online golf team management platform to include training plan, instruction, communications and performance analysis
• Designed fundraising mechanism to assist teams to cover cost of platform
Principal, Donna Delahunty and Associates
• Grant research, writing and related services
• Online training for emerging nonprofits
• Have written grants/contracts for various organizations in excess of $10 million 2011- present
2004 - present
Community Relations Coordinator, Webster University
• Oversaw outreach efforts, recruitment, advertising, etc.
• Wrote all promotional solicitations and other written documents for the university in this region
• Increased enrollments and community buy in 1999-2004
Executive Director, Dunnellon Area Chamber of Commerce
• Managed all Chamber programs, events, records, volunteers, etc.
• Developed new tourism programs and wrote all grants 1996 - 1999
Account Executive, All American Recycling
• Responsible for all company recycling in 10 county area
• Responded to all proposals on behalf of branch
• Increased branch intake by 17% 1994 - 1996
Recycling Coordinator, Marion County Board of County Commissioners
• Responsible for all recycling programs in the county
• Developed and managed $10+ million budget
• Wrote all grants for the Solid Waste Department amounting to approximately $700,000
• Increased recycling rate by nearly double in less than 3 years 1991 - 1994
Involvement Marion Co. Visitors Bureau Marketing Committee
Central Florida Community College Public Policy Institute, 2007 Health Care Study
Ocala – Newbridge Twinning, Inc., Chairperson
Rollins College Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership Institute, Past Member
American Association of Grant Professionals, Past Member
Member of Healthy Ocala
Former board member of Ocala/Marion County Chamber of Commerce and Ocala/Marion County Economic Development Corporation
Honors & Awards Webster University Outstanding Employee Worldwide, September 2002
Dunnellon Area Chamber of Commerce President’s Special Recognition Awards, 1998&1999
Daughters of the American Revolution National Conservation Medal 1992
Florida Education Commissioner Outstanding Parent Award 1986