3150 Broadway • New York, NY 10027 (347) 553-7900
An interesting position with a growing company That will enhance my abilities in the clerical field.
Albany Central Press Albany, New York
Writer/Reporter 01/2011 to 05/2010
• Prepared articles from knowledge of topic and editorial position of publication, supplemented by additional study and research.
• Submitted and discussed copy with editor for approval.
• Participated in conferences of editorial policy committee.
•????Recommended topics and position to be taken by publication on specific public issues.
UPS Maspeth, New York
Seasonal Driver Helper 10/2011 to 12/2011
• Assisted in loading and unloading vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck or dolly.
• Padded, stacked and secured items in position on truck to prevent damage during shipment.
• Delivered and stacked merchandise on customer's premises and collected payment or obtained receipt for goods.
• Cleaned vehicle.
New York Writer's Institute Albany, New York
Intern Videographer 08/2008 to 05/2010
• Evaluated and selected scenes in terms of dramatic and entertainment value and story continuity.
• Trimmed film segments to specified lengths.
• Reassembled segments in sequence to present story with maximum effect.
• Edited video tape with editing equipment.
• Monitored and made corrections.
• Conferred with supervisory personnel and others concerning filming of scenes.
Performing Arts Center (University of Albany) Albany, New York
Theater Assistant 08/2008 to 05/2010
• Greeted patrons and collected admission tickets.
• Patrolled theater.
• Prevented disorderly conduct, rowdiness and detected other infractions of the rules.
• Served patrons at refreshment stand during intermission.
• Attached loudspeakers to automobile door and turned controls to adjust volume, at patron request.
• Administered lighting and sound in television studio.
• Wrote treatments for certain productions.
Morgan Stanley Brooklyn, New York
Intern (Seasonal) 6/2007 to 9/2009
• Collected, sealed and stamped outgoing mail.
• Opened, sorted and distributed incoming mail, scanned packages.
• Documented all incoming and outgoing mainly in company's system
• Collected and distributed paperwork, such as records from one department to another.
• Marked, tabulated and filed articles and records.
• Used office equipment, such as envelope-sealing machine, stamping machine.
• Completed Microsoft word and Excel documents.
Sullivan County Community College Loch Sheldrake, New York
Associate Degree in Journalism and Communication
Available upon request