Salima Lemhamdi Alaoui ?
?1971 Rockaway Parkway. ?
Brooklyn, NY 11236?
?(646) 643-4057 ?
? Trilingual with a perfect knowledge of English, Arabic, and French; skilled in Microsoft Office; ?excellent communication skills; promoted and recognized for outstanding performance, seeking the ?challenging position of Freelance Translator where my broad knowledge, my talented skills, and my ?extensive experience can be further developed and utilised.?
LaGuardia Community College —Long Island City, NY
? Major: Business Administration (09/2008- Recent)?
? (completed 45 credits).?
Teacher’s Training Center of Taza — Taza, Morocco
? Bilingial Elementary Teacher Diploma.?
University Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah — Fez, Morocco ?
? Philosophy and Human Science (9/2001 - 6/2003) ?
Functional Life Achievements — New York, NY
? Trilingual Translator(English/Arabic/French)/ (02/2009-04/2011)?
• Served as a cultural and linguistic resource to both patients and health facility providers.?
• Translated statements and questions from the physician to the patient to grasp an overview of ?the ailments and complaints.?
• Successfully assisted physicians and conveyed information to language deficient patients in a ?cordial and professional manner.?
• Helped in office administration work like answering phone calls, data entry, scheduling of ?appointments, filing medical reports, and other tasks as required.?
ELECTRADE PLUS — Brooklyn, NY
? Self Employed, E-Business (04 /2008–04/2010)?
• Handled the development of business transactions in online auctions combining usability and ?business needs.?
• Pulled together e-mail, direct mail, advertising, and led internet research.?
• Corresponded and followed up with clients to streamline sales process, ensure customer’s ?satisfaction, and help establish good business relations. ?
• Established business relationship with major national shipping services for heavy freight. ?
• Coordinated with clients and shipping companies to ensure reliable and prompt deliveries. ?
• Recorded and updated financial transactions. ?
CBS Co. — New York, NY
? Office Assistant (01/2007–02/2008)?
• Handled major transactions in person and via telephone for this company.?
• Assisted in General office responsibilities and tasks including data entry, typing, and filing ?invoices.?
• Reconciled weekly bank statements.?
• Performed market research on customers needs and requirements. ?
• Provided courteous and friendly bilingual customer service in handling complaints and ?concerns from customers.?
• Performed follow-up evaluations with customers to maintain good company standing and close ?relationships.?
? French/Arabic Tutor — New York, NY
?(08/2006 — 12/2006)?
• Offered proficient private tutoring throughout customized courses to suit student's individual ?needs.?
• Designed fun conversational programs in order to enrich students vocabulary.?
• Assisted students in the development of their reading skills, grammar, and writing.?
• Adapted accurate didactic plans to provide direction toward the attainment of the selected ?learning objectives.?
Pretty Girl Corp. — Brooklyn, NY ?
? Cashier (01/2005 — 08/2006)?
• Assisted customers with questions about the merchandise and resolved isasues.?
• Handled all cash and credit card transactions in department store environment. ?
• Utilized interpersonal and mathematical skills in everyday procedures.?
• Assisted in some management and supervisory tasks
• Provided employee training and scheduling for new cashiers
• Filled out orders for new items. ?
• Frequently closed store and secured building.?
Ain Marchouch Elementary school --- Tawnet, Morocco ?
? Elementary French Teacher, (9/2000 - 7/2004) ?
• Offered comprehensive Arabic and French Language teaching programs to promote ?development of learning skills of students.?
• Adapted lessons to meet students individual learning needs.?
• Develops student’s communication skills in Arabic and French language, and taught sounds, ?structure of sentence, grammar, and literature. ?
• Devised projects for individual investigation and small group collaboration suitable for students ?with a wide range of interests and achievement levels. ?
• Implemented positive classroom management strategies, resulting in a more focused group of ?students. ?
• Used cultural activities, and materials that enhanced student learning and self-esteem. ?
• New York State Certificate of 8-hour Pre-Assignment Training course for Security Guards from ?Urban Dynamics.?
• New York State Certificate of 16-hour On-The-Job Training course for Security Guards from ?Urban Dynamics.?
• New York State Certificate for Pre-Test training Course for Fire Guards from Urban Dynamics.?
• Certificate of CPR and First Aid.?
• New York State Certificate of Bus Escort.?
• Bilingual Elementary Teacher’s Certificate.?
? Desired employment Status: Full time / Part time.?
? Residency Status: U.S. Citizen
? Relationship status: Single
? Can be provided upon request.?