Qualifications: Excellent oral and written communication, organized, customer service-oriented, time management, attention to detail, self-directed, interpersonal skills, strong multi-tasking, team player.
• Successfully procured sponsor services for charity race events.
• Wrote daily and weekly news for the Military District of Washington and Accounts Receivable Management executives.
• Wrote most read article of the week: “Field of Dreams,” Washington Business Journal, July 28, 2008.
Staff Writer, Comprint Military Publications, Fort Myer, VA 6/2010-5/2011
• Pitched, planned, researched and wrote several articles on military events in the National Capital Region.
• Wrote headlines and photo captions for newspaper.
• Worked with desktop publishing and word processing software in preparation of content for layout in newspaper.
• Compiled, reviewed and managed sections in weekly newspaper.
• Edited weekly newspaper.
Editorial Assistant/Reporter, Kaulkin Ginsberg Co., Rockville, MD 10/2008-3/2010
• Pitched, researched and wrote daily articles, headlines and teasers on accounts receivable management news.
• Edited and published timely online content to website and social media sites for publication.
• Updated media databases and placed advertisements on insideARM.com and in the ARM Insider newsletter.
• Assisted in managing communications content.
• Gathered, assembled and analyzed information and data from a wide variety of sources.
Substitute Teacher, Prince William County Public Schools, VA 11/2011 – Present
• Supervise Elementary, Middle and High School classes.
Organizer/Assistant (temporary), Fitness Heights International, DC 6/2011-10/2011
• Developed marketing and PR material for charity race events.
• Assisted in the organization and planning of charity events.
• Prepared reports and correspondence for race events.
• Provided customer service and administrative support to participants, sponsors and volunteers.
Junior Proposal Writer, Optimization Consulting Inc., Lanham, MD 5/2011-6/2011
• Wrote, researched, compiled and edited OCI newsletter content, training manual content and Federal proposals.
• Developed, built and maintained productive working relationships with project managers, sales managers, security experts, technology managers and subject matter experts.
Temp, Ruthi Postow Staffing Agency, DC 5/2010-6/2010
• Performed general administrative support and developed spreadsheets for mechanical engineering firm.
• Provided customer service to hundreds of participants at microbiology conference.
S.O.M.E., Washington, DC 2010
Habitat for Humanity, Washington, DC 2008
Appalachia Gulf Coast, New Orleans, LA 2006
Friendly House, Worcester, MA 2005
Washington Business Journal, Arlington, VA 6/2008-9/2008
Worcester Telegram & Gazette, Worcester, MA 8/2007-5/2008
SourceMedia Inc, New York, NY 6/2007-8/2007
Condé Nast Publications, New York, NY 6/2006-8/2006
Summerbridge New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 6/2005-8/2005
Education: Bachelor of Arts in English, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA 5/2008
Computer Skills PC/Mac: Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Expressions, Excel, Power Point, Outlook. Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Bridge, Acrobat Reader. Other Applications: QuarkXpress, Intelli-studio. Web-based: Facebook. Twitter. Linkedin. CMS. HTML.