Qualifications: Extensive experience in all phases of grant development: Prospect research; grant planning; grant writing; grant administration; budget construction; creating collaborative relationships; and report writing.
Skills: Strong interpersonal relationships; creative planning for grants; succinct writing skills; pinpoint research skills; in-depth knowledge of funding sources.
Grant Writing Accomplishments:
• Collaborated with faculty and staff on submission of grants to government funders and private foundations. Georgian Court University
• Generated over $14 million in government grant funding for K-12 schools and districts, universities, which included Reading First and Even Start Family Literacy grant programs.
• Authored highly competitive grants from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation ($300,000) for NJ public television affiliate; and the Carnegie Corporation of New York for the Hoboken School District ($100,000).
• Won eight competitive grants for $1.4 million and wrote marketing pieces for Technology Training Solutions (2001- 2005).
• Won and administered $1.5 million 21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant in Hoboken Public Schools: Supervised site managers and faculty.
Other Writing Accomplishments
• Lead strategic planning initiative to identify targeted areas for institutional improvement (2011) for Title Three and federal grant application. Georgian Court University.
• Coordinated and wrote strategic plan for successful Middle States re-accreditation. Chancellor Academy (NJ) (2002).
• Authored advertising copy that helped to increase profits by 12% (1996-2002). Adergy Advertising Agency.
• Independent Grant Writer - Present
• Georgian Court University – January 2011 – September 2011
• Presentation Products Inc. – New York City (2009)
• Hoboken Public School District (2004-2008).
• Hudson County Community College (1994-99).
• Morris County School of Technology (1992-1994)
• Overlook Hospital, NJ (1988-1990).
• State University of NY, Downstate Medical Center (1987-88)
Grant Consulting Experience: 1995-2011
• Resource Associates, Inc.
• New Jersey School Districts: Hoboken, Hudson County Schools of Technology, Harrison, West New York, Union City, Newark, Jersey City, Elizabeth, Belleville, Hackensack, Newton; Hopatcong.
• Charter Schools: Soaring Heights (NJ); Harlem Day Charter School.
• Kean University; NJ City University; Fairleigh Dickinson.
• Private Sector: Total Training Solutions.
• California Institutions: Pacific Union College; St. Helena Hospital.
Education: B.A., Kean University (NJ)
Membership: The Association of Grant Professionals
For Grantwriters’ Only