3741 Ruette De Ville, San Diego, CA 92130 (646)-251-4889 (Cell); firstname.lastname@example.org
EDUCATION Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, New York
Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature (May 2010) GPA: 3.7/4.0
HONORS National Honor’s Society (2005-2006) Excellence in English Award (2006)
Peter Vallone Scholarship (2006-2007) The On Course Advantage Program (TOCA)
The National Dean’s list Golden Key International Honour Society (2009-2010)
COMPUTER Operating Systems: MS Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista
SKILLS Software: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
COURSES Overview Literature Studies 1 & 2 American Renaissance American Autobiography
Chaucer Seminar in Renaissance 18th Century Novels
Intro. to Creative Writing News Writing British writing from 1950
Seminar in Postmodernism Writing Fiction Workplace Negotiations
PROJECTS Completed and Self Published a Novel – “That Day in September”
• Self published a young adult fiction novel with ethnic diversity, where the protagonist goes back in time to thwart the 9/11 attacks.
• Currently in the process of writing a second novel (epistolary novel) and a third novel simultaneously.
Reporter for the Brooklyn College Newspaper (Excelsior)
• Performed investigative journalism for Brooklyn College’s newspaper, “Excelsior”
• Most notable achievement included research into the Lay Advocacy Program.
Habitat for Humanity, New Orleans, Louisiana
• Volunteered in rebuilding houses damaged by Hurricane Katrina.
EXPERIENCE Chabad Hebrew Academy, San Diego, CA January 2011 - Present
Assistant Teacher - 2nd Grade Hebrew
• Assist in instructing and supervising children in classroom; utilizing appropriate language, interactions, and positive discipline.
• Provide clerical support to the classroom teacher; maintain classroom supply lists and inventory. Complete all assessment paperwork.
• Tutor and assist children individually and in small groups in order to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts.
A+ Subs, San Diego, CA September 2010-January 2011
• Providing substitute teaching and aide to preschools and daycare centers
• Trustlined licensed child care provider
The Jewish Press, Brooklyn, NY March 2010 - Present
• Perform research on various topics and write articles to be published in The Jewish Press weekly newspaper.
• Most notable article was “There's Something About Hebron,” an extensive look into the history of Hebron.
Folio Literary Management, New York, NY Summer 2009
• Worked as a Literary Agent Intern in reading and evaluating queries and manuscripts for publication.
• Trained to negotiate and deal with editors and publishers.
• Presented new ideas to company executives.
• Was taught the various steps of book publishing, book auctions and negotiating contracts.
Tutor, Brooklyn, NY January 2005 – August 2010
• Tutor high school students in various projects and homework assignments
• Subjects include English Literature, science and math
Coremet, New York, NY July 2006 – August 2006
• Coordinated between buyers and sellers in foreign countries to assist in purchasing and selling metals.
• Wrote contracts and invoices and prepared reports for the management unit.
AFFILIATIONS Vice President, Hillel Newspaper
LANGUAGES Fluent in English, Hebrew, Yiddish