Mark T. Anderson
Design, Sculpture & Illustration
Designs in Photoshop, Indesign & Illustrator
Illustrations in digital media, oils, watercolor, pen & ink, pencil
Sculpture in bronze & stone
Personal References, Salary History
Portfolio, Services for Hire & Freelance Rates
Available upon request
May 2001 - Present
Big Whiskey Design Studio
Graphic Design/Illustration/Fine Art
Big Whiskey Design Studio is the creation of Mark T. Anderson, a full
service design/illustration/photography studio located near Tampa, Florida.
Clients : Cobblehill Puzzles, Harley Davidson Apparel, VF-Timbercreek Apparel, VF- Wrangler
Jeanswear, J. Peterman Catalog, Sawhorse Outfitters, Boston Harbour, Hummer
Apparel, TKO-Evolution Apparel, Maronda Homes, Inland Homes, Richmond
American Homes, Worth Magazine, multiple agencies and publishers.
• Design Services: custom logos, corporate identity, business cards,
letterhead, stationary, envelopes, web sites (I do design and layout and
outsource coding), brochures, book covers, magazine covers, CD covers,
catalogs, annual reports, packaging, labeling, signage, bill boards, POP
materials, tee-shirts and trade-show booths.
• Original Illustration: digital, hand rendered, conceptual rendering and
• Photography: studio & location
• Fine Art: Oil painting, watercolors, pen & ink, pencil and cast bronze
May 1990 - May 2001
Tropical Sportswear Int'l Corp. (TSI)
Director of Marketing 1993-2001
Marketing coordinator 1990-1993
• Started with the company in 1990 while sales were approximately
$32 million. TSI became publicly traded with sales of $475 million.
• Originally hired as TSI's only graphic designer/marketing
coordinator. All artwork and design was done by hand, without the aid of any
computerization. Rapid growth of the company necessitated acquisition of
Macintosh workstations, training on computer design software, and the hiring
of additional talent.
• Concept, research, design, development, implementation,
and assessment of all corporate and marketing materials for
such accounts as Nordstrom, May Company, Federated Stores,
Dillards, JC Penney, PVH (Van Heusen, Gant, Izod, Geoffrey
Beene), Kohls, Sears, Montgomery Ward, Eddie Bauer, LL Bean,
Target, Walmart, Sam's and Costco, as well as many TSI brands such as Swiss
Army, Farah, Savane, Bill Blass, Bay to Bay, Banana Joe and Two Pepper.
• Product identification and labeling.
• Maintain marketing budgets.
• Shopping and analysis of competitors and market trends.
• Over see setup of all show and event displays.
• Design of point of purchase materials and displays.
• Design of print ads, brochures, sales tools and swatch cards.
• Set and direct product and lifestyle photoshoots.
• Market research and maintenance of competitive label
and photo libraries.
• Designed and managed label package tracking system and its
communication throughout the company.
• Manage trademark/patent searches and acquisitions in
conjunction with the corporate attorney.
• Design of themes and marketing materials for trade
shows, sales conferences, market week etc... (tee-shirts,
give-aways, booklet covers, banners...).
• Management and coordination of all vendors related to marketing materials
(advertising agencies, printers, screen printers, woven and leather patch
vendors, embroiderers, photographers, sign-makers and prepress houses).
• 2 Patents for display fixtures (#Des.361,454 & Des.364,762)
• Designed shop concept for Walmart menswear floor (Farah).
• Design and implementation of corporate identification
materials including logo, business cards, stationary and
envelopes; corporate signage and interior office design.
• Design, layout, and photography direction for IPO prospectus jacket.
• Developed label package system used to track labels.
• Proficient on Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Streamline and Live Picture
Acrobat. Familiar with Quark Express, Pagemaker, Adobe Sitemill, Microsoft
Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Exchange, Internet Explorer and Netscape
Lavidge & Associates 1987-1990
Art Director 1989-1990
Assistant Art Director 1988
Illustrator /paste-up artist 1987
• Rendering of color and B/W line art for print media.
• Design and layout of print ads, catalogs, brochures and
corporate identity materials.
• Set-up and direct photography for catalog and print.
• Operated and maintained high contrast copy camera and
processors. Experienced in dark room techniques including
shooting halftones, negatives, and contact prints as well as
• Managed Art department, budgets, inventory, and purchasing.
•Addy Award for illustration
BFA East Tennessee State University 1985
Milikin Quality Seminar 1994