6526 Mosswood Lane NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
• Award-winning creative marketer.
• Dedicated to developing successful communication tactics based on strong strategy.
• More than eight years of experience in marketing developing brand, Web, and print communications that are impactful and on-target.
Brand Marketing Consultant 01-04-present
• Develop strategic initiatives and planning for colleges, universities and hospitals across the country.
• Create innovative communications based on these strategies, including integrated online and offline efforts.
• Develop social media strategies and manage social media channels for companies.
• Ghost-write weekly blogs and white papers for communications agency.
Mercy Medical Center, Cedar Rapids, IA 08-07-06-11
• Responsible for the strategic account management and creative development for major hospital service lines, including Emergency Department, Women’s and Children’s Services, and Hospice.
• Branding: Maintain Mercy brand throughout all levels of communication, both internally and externally.
• Concepting: Develop ideas and communication tools to promote service lines and establish a connection and trust with our community.
• Web: Web site manager for hospital Web site: www.mercycare.org, responsible for planning Web strategies, updating Web content, and developing new content. Developed new site for Especially for You Race Against Breast Cancer: www.especiallyforyourace.org.
• Social Media: Develop and maintain social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube for marketing purposes that integrate with online and offline efforts. Develop and maintain e-newsletter/e-direct mail capabilities.
• Creative: Develop a broad range of materials, from brochures to postcards, billboards to e-newsletters, tailored to specific audiences.
• Event planning: Plan events for internal and external audiences, including open houses, seminars, and sponsored events.
Berthel Fisher & Company Financial Services, Inc., Cedar Rapids, IA 01-07-08-07
Director of Marketing
• Responsible for spearheading new marketing department for Top 50-rated financial services firm, a Broker Dealer with more than 325 independent Reps across the country.
• Branding: Developed solid brand promise and portfolio for a solid foundation for the creative work which involved in-depth market research and analysis.
• Concepting: Developed innovative and relevant concepts that captured the essence of the firm.
• Implementation: Developed sound marketing strategy to implement new concept across all mediums: print, Web, direct and e-mail marketing, as well as updated internal communications.
• Worked with in-house compliance and legal departments to ensure quality control.
Stamats Communications, Cedar Rapids, IA 08-02-01-04
• Working with a team of client, designer, and client consultant, responsible for the development of award-winning creative and engaging communications for colleges and universities across the United States and Canada.
• Branding: Assisted clients in developing their brand identity and building brand awareness.
• Concepting: Generated unique concepts for clients that capture the essence of the institution that could be applied across their communications funnel
• Web: Created site architecture and layout of Web sites up to four tiers down.
o Developed copy for sites, up to 30-60 pages per site.
o Web experience includes entire institutional sites, admissions sites, micro sites, yield sites, and special features.
o Developed metadata for optimal search engine optimization.
o Create e-direct mail pieces to communicate with target audience.
• Print: Developed impactful print communications that ranged from postcards to direct mail, brochures to viewbooks, posters to billboards, and beyond.
• In-house corporate experience:
o Responsible for the development of successful proposals leading to new clients/business.
o Developed in-house promotional flyers and advertisements appearing in national publications.
o Created detailed case studies highlighting successful integrated projects and client relationships.
o Provided insight on higher ed arena for in-house publication mailed to key administrators at colleges and universities nationwide.
Iowa Outlook Magazine, Cedar Rapids, IA 11-01-5-02
• Edited and proofread articles for a business-to-business technical publication in Eastern Iowa.
• Assisted with copywriting and layout duties.
Women’s Edition Magazine, Cedar Rapids, IA 03-01-11-01
• Created ad concepts for local businesses.
• Collaborated with clients and graphic artists on ad production.
• Responsible for all production levels of magazine in addition to current editorial and ad production responsibilities listed below.
• Maintained all operations functions such as billing and accounts receivable.
• Edited and proofread articles for Cedar Rapids/Iowa City magazine geared towards women with distribution of 10,000+.
• Assigned local stories and maintained positive relations with writers and clients.
• Authored numerous articles on local businesses.
Additional Professional Experience
• Familiar with Six Sigma principles and LEAN initiatives
• Member, Cedar Rapids Advertising Federation
• Ad Fed Board of Directors, Communications Co-chair 05-04-06-05
• Member, Cedar Rapids Public Relations Association
• Chair member, American Cancer Society
• Committee member, Especially for You Race Against Breast Cancer
Bachelor of Arts —University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 7-02
• Major in Journalism
• Minor in Sociology
• Second Area of Concentration in Business and Marketing
• Extensive use of various Web content management systems
• In-depth experience with Google Analytics
• Social Media expert, with experience developing and utilizing tools such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and blogs for branding and marketing purposes
• Knowledge of Inter/Intranet browsers and tools, including Search Engine Optimization and SEM
• Experience with Adobe Suite
• Beginning through advanced Microsoft Office training (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Project, Visio)
• In-depth use of email marketing systems