Marketing Management and Strategic Communications
Accomplished, energetic and results driven marketing manager with over a decade of experience in strategic communications. Built a career focused on creating lasting brand identities from the ground-up and increasing market penetration for my employers and clients at the national and regional levels.
Professional Strengths and Abilities
• Public Relations
• Brand Management
• Permission Marketing
• Campaign Management
• Website Design
• HTML, CSS, MYSQL, PHP
• Web Content Management
• Strategic and Tactical Planning
• Marketing Material Design
• Social Media Management
• Customer Loyalty
Quantum Politics, LLC (Washington, DC / Parker, CO)
2008 - Present
President - Quantum Politics (QP) is a media-consulting firm created to provide individuals, non-profits and businesses with the tools, training and people they need to rapidly become recognized authorities in their fields. QP leverages the power of modern media and technology to increase demand for our clients’ products and services.
• Led the public relations effort to get a previously unknown, long-shot candidate appointed to the Council of the District of Columbia to fill a vacant public office.
• Gained 14 points in the polls in a special-election with a crowded field of 9 candidates, including two well-funded opponents.
• Helped raise nearly $1 million for candidates while under management.
• Managed combined staff and volunteer operations of 200 people or more.
• Created and managed 8 websites for effective message delivery and building brand loyalty.
• Crunched and analyzed over 30,000 pages of statewide historical election data to help a non-profit in Georgia make strategic targeting decisions and wisely expend resources.
At-Large Councilmember Kwame R. Brown (Washington, DC)
2007 - 2010
Press Secretary - Created and implemented targeted communications plans with aggressive online, print, television, and radio media outreach. Brand management including website development and content administration. Wrote and edited a weekly e-newsletter, press releases, talking points, and press statements. Composed remarks for committee hearings, public roundtables and speaking engagements.
• Councilmember Brown became the most followed elected official on Twitter and was listed in the top 5 most influential Twitter users in DC by WeFollow.com.
• Massively increased website traffic from a couple hundred hits per month to thousands per month.
• Sent hundreds of thousands of email newsletters to constituents using permission based marketing.
• Secured first front-page stories in the Washington Post, Washington Business Journal and a cover profile in OnSite Magazine.
• Secured national media appearances on the Joe Madison Show and local shows including, the Politics Hour with Kojo Nnamdi, the Politics Program with Mark Plotkin, and News Talk with Bruce DePuyt.
• Led a marketing team to rebrand the Councilmember’s public persona and market his accomplishments. Rebuilt the website, redesigned core brand icons and developed a targeted message.
• Wrote and publicly distributed over 400 press releases, press advisories, statements and quotes.
• Managed press relationships from a list of over 150 reporters, broadcasters, and bloggers.
Political Elements, LLC (Washington, DC)
Producer - Produced for a start-up cross-platform new media firm with a mission to create unique and innovative political commercials.
• Created 9 concept commercials to market to potential clients. Wrote the copy, sketched the thumbnails, edited the videos and managed the production. Collaborated with Hollywood artist Ted Boonthanakit, who has worked on movies such as Spider Man 2 and The Hangover.
• Co-wrote the business plan, conducted market research, planned and managed a market focus group.
• Developed the logo and website designs and helped write the web content.
• Created the marketing materials based on the branding strategy we co-developed.
Communities United to Strengthen America (Washington, DC)
2006 - 2007
National Field and Training Director - Created and implemented a national plan for marketing a non-profit’s message to a target list of 7.5 million registered voters. Hired and managed a team of 40 staff with objective of recruiting volunteers, canvassing and calling voters and organizing earned media events.
• Successfully managed 12 offices and 3 regional directors located in states across the country from Colorado to Connecticut.
• Directly managed the Midwestern region in Indiana and made the region the most productive in the organization with the most earned media hits, knocks and calls to voters, and recruited volunteers.
• Created custom training materials, including writing 3 training manuals to establish message discipline, achieve goals and create an efficient operation.
Other Professional Experience
2001 - 2007
• Deputy State Field Director and Regional Director, Democratic National Cmte (Albany, NY)
• Campaign Coordinator, Democratic Assembly Campaign Cmte, (Albany, NY)
• Senior Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator and Research Analyst, NYS Assembly, Communication and Information Services (Albany, NY)
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science with honors, summa *** laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Sigma Alpha, Rhodes Scholar nominee
Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY)
Associates of Illustration
Mohawk Valley Community College (Utica, NY)